Vesaro has introduced their I Evolve Extreme Special Edition Sim Racing rig. The unit is now fitted with 3 55 inch Triple Curved OLED (Organic LED) displays by LG Electonics. ( From what we can see they appear to be 55EA9800 models) These screens offer a 165 inch of screen curving around the seating position of the rig. The Simulator is powered by the Vesaro Level 4 Extreme PC feeding the three Curved displays with two Radeon HD7990 6GB graphics cards.
HDTV units are used very often as screens for professional, or high grade Simulators. You would think that most of these screens are ready for Ultra HD (4K) usage. (The screen used on this rig has no 4K suppport.) Another benefit of OLED screens is the fact that the viewing angle is well beyond that of normal LED displays. On the other hand, it can be said that at this time they’re also fairly useless until we get more media in that format. Then there is the current price. One screen retails between €5000 and €6000 (that’s roughly $7000 to $8000) Great technology, but hardly within reach of the average Sim Racer.
Aside from the price, the only real negative issue when using these screens for Gaming or simulation systems is the terrible input lag these screens deliver. Asking around with some friends within the Electronic retail, it became apparent that at the current time, these screens are far from advisable for use in Sim racing rigs. With that in mind, its becomes clear the Vesaro I Evolve Extreme Special Edition can be categorized as a techno gimmick, but at this time is not very usable as a serious Sim Racing tool. That said, it does look impressive, and it might give us an idea how affordable Sim Racing rigs might look in a few years time. Or will the VR headsets become the norm?
More info about the LG screens can be found here.
Vesaro I Evolve Extreme Special EditionSpecification:
- Vesaro I modular racing simulator
- Black powder coat rig
- Gear Stick Arm (Choice of Left, Right, Both or none using the Configurator
- Cobra Evolution Pro Vesaro Signature bucket Racing Seat(Choice of Evolution Pro GT, Misano S 7 Monoco Pro from the configurator)
- Fanated Clubsport Package – EU Base, F1 Wheel, BMW GT Wheel, Clubsport V2 Pedals
- Thrustmaster TH8RS Shifter
- Buttkicker Advance Tactile Feedback System
- Logitech Z906 THX 5.1 Surround Sound System
- 5 x Speaker Brackets
- Triple Display Stand and 3 x Curved Display Bracket Sytems
- 3 x LG 55 inch Curved OLED Displays
- Vesaro Quad Motion V-Spec 6.0 – 4 actuator 6 inch Travel DBOX motion
- Vesaro Sim – Level 4 Extreme – PC
- Software Race Pack – Level 3
- Cable & Electronics Pack – Level 3 Quality Components – Ultra High End
- Cable & Adaptor Kit – Triple Display – Quality Level 3 – Ultra High End
- 10 year chassis warranty(Terms & Conditions Apply)
|Official Webpage – http://www.vesaro.com/