Will Ford from the Boosted Media channel, presents his in depth review of the VRS DirectForce Pro Direct Drive Sim Racing Wheel Base.
After putting the VRS DirectForce Pro through a rigorous test session using iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Assetto Corsa Competizione, F1 2020, Automobilista 2, and Dirt Rally 2.0, he compares his findings to the Fanatec DD1, DD2, Simucube 2 Sport, Pro and Ultimate and Simagic M10 Direct Drive wheelbases.
Back in January 2019, Virtual Racing School or VRS in short, announced they were developing a new high-quality Direct Drive wheel system for a price under US$1000, based on a customized 20Nm MiGE motor.
Initially, VRS launched its first prototypes in the US. The product was only available via an invite system. Since the introduction of the initial prototype, VRS improved the robustness of the system, as well as made sure the final product met all required EMC and safety standards for North America, Europe, and Australia.
Now VRS announced that the DirectForce Pro Wheel Base is available for regular international orders.
The wheelbase package consists out of a powerful 20 Nm Small MiGE servo motor (130ST-M10010) and the VRS Controller, which is a USB FFB & motor controller board, 400W fanless PSU, and brake resistor build neatly into a compact enclosure. Furthermore, the unit comes with motor power and encoder cables with double shielding and quality metal connectors, and a double-shielded USB cable.
Official Webpage – virtualracingschool.com
The DirectForce Pro is powered by the popular MiGE 130ST-M10010 (“Small” MiGE) Motor. Providing precision, power (20 Nm peak), and durability, this motor can connect to several popular steering wheel rims via our hub adapter.
The MiGE Motor is controlled by the VRS DirectForce Pro Controller – known as the “brain” of the solution.
Inside the compact enclosure is an all-in-one USB Force Feedback & Motor Controller board bundled with a 400W fanless PSU and brake resistor.
Compatible with any OSW style steering wheel rim with a 70mm PCD bolt pattern. Other mounting patterns would be supported with a third party hub adapter.
You can easily upgrade to the DirectForce Pro and use your existing wheels. VRS will be coming out with wheels in the coming months.
- Motor shaft hub adapter for a steering wheel with standard 70mm PCD bolt pattern. The hub adapter has 6x M5 threaded holes that allow you to directly screw a steering wheel onto a hub adapter. Not needed if your steering wheel comes with its own quick-release hub, or if your steering wheel is screwed in from the back and requires through-hole mounting holes on the hub adapter.
- Motor mounting bracket for mounting on desks or rigs that only support bottom mounting. Not needed if your rig comes with a front motor mounting bracket with mount holes for the MiGE motor.
- While currently not available, VRS will be coming out with wheels in the coming months.
- MiGE Motor and VRS DirectForce Pro Controller – €899.00 + Shipping
- Mounting bracket €49.00 + Shipping
- Hub Adapter – €49.00 + Shipping
A) VRS Steering Wheel Rim (Sold Separately)
B) VRS Button Plate (Sold Separately)
C) Mounting Bracket (Optional)
D) Emergency Stop (Optional)
E) Hub Adapter (Optional)
F) MiGE Motor
G) VRS DirectForce Pro Controller