Assetto Corsa Competizione – Release 5 Available
Kunos Simulazioni has deployed the fifth update of the Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulator Early Access version.
This latest update adds new content to the official videogame of the Blancpain GT Series championship in the form of a laser-scanned version of the Belgian Circuit Zolder and the Emil Frey Jaguar G3. Furthermore, version 5 also introduces new special events with online leaderboards.
As far as the actual game code is concerned, the last month the ACC development team has been focusing on the overall stability and consistency of the game. For a list of all the fixes and improvements, check the changelog below.
Assetto Corsa Competizione Early Access version 5 is available via the Steam platform. As predefined by the ACC early access roadmap, the price has now been raised to €44,99. For more details, check out the official ACC release chart.
- New Emil Frey Jaguar G3 car.
- New laser-scanned Circuit Zolder racetrack.
- New special events with online leaderboards.
- Fixed disappearing main menu UI in VR.
- Texture memory optimizations.
- Fixed a chase cam rotation bug.
- Fixed a TV camera bug.
- Car light improvements in TV camera views.
- New inertia calculation method and new more accurate inertia value (advice for setups, use a softer fast damper to let the body move and settle, instead of having the car and wheels jumping)
- New motion ratio calculation for dampers resulting in more accurate values dedicated to each car.
- New ABS feature. ABS now never let’s higher than 70% difference between left and right brake pressure. Improves behavior on extreme torque vectoring, like braking and going through a water puddle with one side of the car, but can result in inner wheel locking if driver insists braking hard while turning into a turn. Might need more rear brake bias on certain cars.
- Improved ABS logic, resulting in better turn-in under braking, on certain cars (most notably modern cars such as the Huracán, F488, BMW M6).
- Improved TC off on gear-change functionality. TC is instantly switched off and on again when a gear change occurs, in order to protect the engine and drivetrain from heavy vibrations,
- especially on situations where kerbs and the engine limiter are involved (part of real cars’ TC logic too, occasionally they will even not allow the gearchange). Now the TC off timing is car-dedicated and optimized. Some cars might handle a gear change better than others.
- Improved tyre thermal model, especially wet tyres.
- Improved tyre grip when tyres are overheated, such as after a spin.
- More tyre wear when tyres are overheated, no free meal.
- Corrected bumpstop position and functionality of the Ferrari 488 GT3.
- New ECU maps for all cars. ECU maps now influence power, fuel consumption and throttle maps. Usually, the lower number is the more powerful and has the most power consumption. After the initial 3-4 values, it switches to wet ECU maps with similar power and fuel consumption but different throttle maps. Please check the official forum for all the released cars’ ECU map characteristics.
- New launch control for all cars. Now with manual clutch, just engage 1st gear, put the clutch and accelerator to the floor and the engine will stabilize around 5000rpm. Release the clutch gradually while keeping the accelerator fully open to avoid stalling.
Audio engine optimizations
- Fixed potential wrong volumes switching cameras
- Fixed time multiplier for the end race replay
- Fixed wrong track map cars position during replay
- Intro sequence updated
Assetto Corsa Competizione is the Officially licensed Racing Simulator of the Blancpain GT Series by SRO. The game features the official drivers, teams, cars, and circuits of the worlds premier GT3 championship.
The ACC racing simulator is featuring an extraordinary level of simulation quality that allows players to experience the unique atmosphere of this GT3 Series, players can compete against official drivers, teams, cars, and circuits with the highest level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Taking full advantage of Unreal Engine 4, Assetto Corsa Competizione will ensure the highest quality rendering with photorealistic weather conditions and graphics to reach a new standard in driving realism and immersion racing. Players will experience high-speed torque as they get behind the wheel of luxurious speedsters including Ferrari’s, Lamborghini’s, McLaren’s and many other prestigious GT cars reproduced with an outstanding level of detail. Motion capture technology is used to create the animations of mechanics and drivers in an even more realistic fashion and guarantees a high level of player engagement during races, pit stops, and driver changes.
In the final version of the game, players can expect advanced multiplayer functionality with Assetto Corsa Competizione, including a ranking system which will evaluate individual performance and driving behavior to reward the most virtuous drivers and promote fair play in online competitions.
Official Webpages – www.assettocorsa.net/competizione