Kunos Simulazioni and 505 Games released the PC version of the GT2 Pack DLC for Assetto Corsa Competizione and updated the game to V1.9.6.
Assetto Corsa Competizione GT2 Pack is finally bringing the higher power of GT2 vehicles to sim racers, together with the perfect playground of the Red Bull Ring Circuit. GT2 cars are a new grand tourer racing class maintained by SRO Motorsports Group, the class inserts between GT4 and GT3 in terms of on-track performance. They are well known for their high power, which is extremely demanding and fun to control thanks to the less invasive aerodynamic package they come with when compared to GT3.
The Red Bull Ring circuit is one of the most challenging tracks around Europe, well known for the wide variety of 2 and 4-wheel racing happening there, it is particularly demanding for its ultra-high-speed corner sequence towards the end of the lap and its 3 crucial braking points. This track suits perfectly for GT racing, allowing for a never-resting experience.
The GT2 Pack DLC brings you six new cars and a new track in the form of the Austrian Red Bull Ring circuit. The cars represent the 2023 season entries of the GT2 European Series, including the Audi R8 LMS GT2, KTM X-BOW GT2, Mercedes AMG GT2, Maserati MC20 GT2, Porsche 911 GT2 RS Clubsport Evo, and the Porsche 935 Tribute.
All the cars come with their respected 2023 GT2 European Series liveries and drivers. Note that the already released Lamborghini Huracán ST EVO2 and the Ferrari 488 Challenge Evo can be added to the GT2 class as these vehicles have raced in the GT2 real-world series.
The console version of the new DLC and the update will be coming to Assetto Corsa Competizione on a yet-to-be-confirmed date.
Changelog Update V1.9.6
- Added Fanatec GT World Challenge Europe 2023 season as bonus content with all entries, liveries, drivers, and championship season.
NOTE: certain entries may be subject to DLC ownership.
NOTE: as with any major update, game menu settings (stored in menuSettings.json) will likely reset on the first initialization.
IMPORTANT: reloading of Video presets will likely be necessary.
- Added Fanatec GT2 European Series (2023 season entries) as DLC content.
- Added Red Bull Ring as DLC content.
- Added Audi R8 LMS GT2 as DLC content.
- Added KTM X-BOW GT2 as DLC content.
- Added Mercedes-AMG GT2 as DLC content.
- Added Maserati GT2 as DLC content.
- Added Porsche 911 GT2 RS Clubsport Evo as DLC content.
- Added Porsche 935 as DLC content.
- Added 2023 as a unique season available from the Single Player menu.
IMPORTANT: since some of the existing content is now moved into dedicated seasons, some older replays or saved games might not be compatible as a result.
- Added GT2 as the unique season (as DLC).
- Added GT2 as a class in Open Series custom races and opponent mix categories.
- Added GT2 as a class in Multiplayer filters.
- AI cars can now share pit boxes in Single Player.
- General revision of BOP for GT3 and GT4 classes.
- Fixed a potential issue with the AI overloading the physics thread when spawning at session start.
Official Webpage – www.assettocorsa.net/competizione