On the Kunos Simulazioni Facebook page a new Assetto Corsa cover image is now depicting a Ferrari F40.
As we all know the “three Stooges” of the team, namely Stefano,Marco and Aristotelis are real famous for teasing and hinting upcoming features or content.
Could this mean that the F40 is getting polished for a Assetto Corsa Early Access V.04 update appearance? Lets hope so. Many out there are getting exited to get their hands on the F40.
The Ferrari F40 is probably one of the most famous and iconic Super cars ever build. In fact, the Italian prancing horse factory planned to build only 400 of them, but eventually delivered 1315 cars.
Build as a the successor to the company’s GTO supercar, they designed the F40 to be a light weight 1100 kg (2425 lb) high power output Supercar
Delivering 478 PS (352 kW/471 hp) at 7000 rpm gave the vehicle tremendous performance potential. It could reach 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in as low as 3.8 seconds. They also build a track version of the car that did it in 3.2 seconds. ) The Ferrari F40 therefor won the battle against its main competitor, the Porsche 959. The Ferrari F40 is know as the most raw and aggressive Supercar build by the Italian brand.
Ferrari F40 Specs:
- Rear Engine : 8 cylinders in V 2936 cm³ 32 valves 2 Turbochargers
- Power : 478 PS (352 kW / 471 hp) at 7000 rpm (Max RPM 7750 rpm)
- Torque : 577 Nm (58.8 mkg / 426 lb-ft) at 4000 rpm (~ 329 PS)
- Ratios : 163 PS/L (120 kW/L) – 197 Nm/L
- Transmission : Rear Wheel Drive + limited slip differential
- Gearbox : manual 5 gear
- Tires : 245/40/17 Front – 335/35/17 Rear.
- Dimensions : 174.4x78x44.5 inches
- Wheelbase : 96.5 inches – Track : Front 62.8 inches / Rear 63.4 inches
- Weight claimed : 1100 kg / 2425 lb (dry)
- Weight (EU) : 1329 kg / 2930 lb (heaviest verified in running order)
- Weight/Power ratio : 2.8 kg/PS & 265 kW/T
- Torque/Weight ratio : 434 Nm/T
- Fuel consumption : economy 12.4 L/100 (19mpg) – sport 32 L/100 (7.4mpg)
- Indicative base price : ~262 200 €
- Launching year : 1987, end of production : 1990
Get Assetto Corsa at http://store.steampowered.com/app/244210/
Some other news is reported by Marco. He stated the development team is working on a dynamic dirtying feature, and posted some previews for us to look at.
Please note that the effect in the pictures is still a work in progress and the effect is is exaggerated.
|Official Webpage – http://www.assettocorsa.net|