Assetto Corsa – RSR Formula 3 mod V3.0 released
The Radiator Springs Racing Modding team (RSR) have released update V3.0 for their RSR Formula 3 mod for Assetto Corsa.
The popular RSR Formula 3 mod for AC is based on the British F3 Cup UK. In this latest update, the development team added improved shaders to the 3D model, resulting in much better chrome, opaque, and metallic effect. They also completely remodeled several parts, created new LODs and optimized the 3D model of the formula racer in order to improve in-game performance.
For more details, check out the full changelog below.
RSR Formula 3 v3.0 Changelog:
Improved 3D and shaders
Added chrome, opaque and metallic effect (thanks to Marco Calesella for his help)
Several parts completely remodeled:
- rear wing
- rear diffuser
- tyre profile (the thread is now much more visible)
- steering wheel is now fully modeled in 3D. Small bolts, display screen and so on.
- rear light is now also remodeled in 3D. The rear light is now blinking in the pitlane
- new tiny details on the interior
- 3D optimization to improve performances
- New LODs
- Added seat belts (created by Marco Calesella)
- Driver helmet is now appearing in the showroom
- New delta function added to the steering wheel display
- New internal/external cameras
- Added dashcam
- Tuned driver head movements
specific VR modifications:
Oculus KN5. The package includes also a specific KN5 optimized for the Oculus. The only difference are the RPM lights that are more visible also in case you are not using post processing effects. Just use the kn5 included in the f312_oculus.zip
During our tests we’ve noticed that in some systems the driving position is a rough meter higher that is should be. The driver eyes position seems to be ignored for some reasons.
A similar issue has been reported for official cars as well. Hopefully, we will be able to fix this issue in a near future.
As a workaround use the official app to save the correct position. You just need to do this once.
Open the app Onboard settings
- Auto Pos
Exit from the AC session.
Enter once more.
- added new skin Scuderia MRT (created by Marco Calesella) as an example of the new chrome effects introduced in the new version.
added seatbelts_textures_package. Those are created as skins for easy preview in the showroom. You can use those seatbelts of different brands in your own skins simply copying textures in your skin folder.
- Sound upgraded to the new fmod project structure (updated by Davide “elMariachi90” Cervone).
- Tyres upgraded to the newest tyre model v10 and fine tuned.
- Tyre radius dependent on speed, calculated based on tyre manufacturer specs
- Tyre falloff tuned to have a realistic feeling when losing grip
- Improved tyres behavior in fast changes of direction. The car has a now more direct response.
- Improved overall force feedback feeling. The car is now more communicative. You will feel more even smaller bumps on the track. The wheel feels also a bit stronger.
- Improved car behavior on corners where there is a fast change of track camber, like the last chicane at Spa
- Brakes pads efficiency based on real data
- Thermal model for brakes. Driving feeling with cold brakes has been verified with Omicron Motorsport’s drivers
- Added aero dependency between wings in the aerodynamic model. For example, increasing the angle of the front wing does change the efficiency of the rear wing. The new aero model is much more complex than the previous model to achieve better correlation to the experimental data. There are still few limitations that we hope we could address in the future.
- Tuned damage model for the aerodynamics.
- Refinement on dampers model based on the new document provided by a user on RD. In the setup screens, dampers options are now shown in steps for easier selection of the 8 settings available on the damper knob.
- Steer assist set to 100% by default instead of 50. It’s still possible to change it anyway in the car setup screens. Best results with FF postprocessing configured correctly.
- Fixed downshift profile causing the car to slightly lock the rear during downshifting
- Changed step for ARBs to make the selection easier
- Added fuel consumption for accurate fuel estimation for AI (no changes for driver fuel consumption that was already tuned to the same number)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Setups of the previous version are NOT COMPATIBLE with the new version due to changes on the aero model.
|Official Webpage – www.radiators-champ.com|