BeamNG released update v0.3.02 of their DRIVE project.
The update features numerous enhancements such as better car handling, Borderless window mode, Skid marks that work after level switch, Various stability improvements, Camera control is no longer inverted and much more. Check out the full changelog below.
BeamNG is a young start up company developing a state of the art real time physics simulation engine. They are currently a team of two programmers and two artists that founded the company in 2011.
They released a free Tech demo called Drive. You can choose to download a free tech demo, or for those interested in the project, there is an option to purchase access to the alpha of “Drive” for only €11.50.
- Skidmark missing/wrong texture bug fixed: they work now even after switching levels.
- Fixed options not saving correctly: much improved now: it saves on starting the game now, not on exiting.
- Fixed updater and main executable: now working with non-english characters in the path (was not starting, hanging or crashing before).
- Fixed mouse movement bug in certain camera modes.
- Inverted Y axis for mouse.
- Improved Lua GUIs a bit: look and feel and height and positioning of the part chooser dialog.
- Fixed crash on exit.
- Improved updater: fixed some parsing bugs which caused too much updates.
- Improved camera reset: now more consistent behavior.
- NVIDIA Optimus support improved: should automatically switch to the NVIDIA card instead of the embedded one.
- Fix for mud/sand instabilities: no more wheel eating sand.
- Fixed DropPlayerAtCamera: does not rotate the player anymore.
- Wheel speed is more precise now (closer to airspeed).
- Raised ‘instant’ bullettime speed to 20 (5 was too slow).
- Fixed spamming of logs when barrier is spawned.
- Added launcher program: it will take care of fixing shortcuts, proper DirectX installation, windows uninstall entry and regular updates.
- Improved input maps: changed syntax and file naming conventions: the new ID is shorter and should cover more computers now as it only contains the company and product id.
- Improved lua input: changed smoothing to be predictable under all cases.
- Keyboard users have a different smoothing than gamepads, steering wheels are direct.
- Advanced hydro functions available: http://wiki.beamng.com/Hydros.
- Rewrote and improved input system: vehicle specific input maps: input maps are no longer shared, but they are unique to the current vehicle. This allows much more flexibility in terms of custom input mappings and alike.
- Added small dead-zone to pedals on Fanatec wheel.
- Improvements on the g25/g27 input maps.
- Temporarily moved dynamic input to file input_dynamic.lua (rename it to input.lua to get back the dynamic input behavior).
- Improved display (monitor) and graphics card support:
- Added support for UTF characters in the device string.
- Removed gfx null device: only useful for dedicated servers but not for the clients.
- Added multi-monitor support.
- Fixed window positioning in multi-monitor scenarios: not enforcing any positioning now.
- Added monitor identification to device string.
- Fixed up canvas and options dialog for multi-monitor support: custom set resolutions will remains in the options dialog and continue to work.
- Added new vsync refresh rates for those fancy new 3D screens: 59 and 120.
- Border-less window mode.
- Tire gyroscopic weight distribution improved fixing lots of problems – shaking, numbness, instability, and top speed.
- Some minor changes and tweaks on all vehicles.
- Stronger anti “axle popping up through the bed” beams on pickup.
- Updated all aspen trees (half the FPS hit as before, look better (still not final)) + some oak and beech, added “filler” (group) trees for making forests with better frame rates.
- Fixed most of the wheel breaking collision mesh gaps.
- Changed rock collision meshes to not break wheels so easily.
- Added ground model strips to Grid Map.
- Fixed glass particles being broken.
- Removed duplicate particle entry.
- New icons and watermark.
- Renamed executable from BeamNGSandbox to BeamNG.drive.
- Improved crash reporting usability by adding more useful data to the reports.
- AI still not functioning right now.
- Own uninstaller: we wrote our own uninstallation function to make sure that no user mod is removed when uninstalling the game.
|Official Webpage – http://www.beamng.com|