DiRT 4 – Clubs Update Patch Released
Rally fans will be pleased to hear that Codemasters are still refining their DIRT 4 offroad title across all platforms. Today they have released the Clubs update patch for the PS4, Xbox One, Windows PC. This new update brings us a host of fixes, tweaks and updated driver support for Thrustmaster devices. As the name of the update suggests, this new patch also introduces the anticipated Clubs feature which is essentially an improvement on DiRT Rally’s league’s system.
DiRT 4 Clubs
Clubs are now multiplatform – As with the Community event leaderboards, Codemasters expanded their multiplatform functionality out to the Clubs! That means that whatever you’re playing on will no longer restrict you from joining the Club of your dreams or playing a Championship against your mates on different machines. According to Codemasters, this is one of the coolest new additions to the game. Now with Clubs, everyone can play one another.
Clubs are compatible with Your Stage – Now you can set up an entirely unique championship, with never-been-seen-before tracks to level the playing field! As well as having full access to the career stages, RX and Landrush circuits, you’ll be able to run Your Stage events too. You’ll also have the delightful ‘Randomise’ button, which will build you a completely ad-hoc event – just so you can keep it fresh, unpredictable and a little bit mixed up.
Points are scaled depending on the number of people participating – A lot of users with DiRT Rally’s leagues found that the point distribution was unfair; that if thousands of players were in a league, only a handful would get points. So Codemasters has taken on board your feedback and came up with a scaling system for more fairly allocating points. This means that every place counts – and you can have just as thrilling fight for the 80th place as you can have for 1st.
Finally, we have our own official Club: the DiRT Cup. Head over to https://www.dirt4game.com/clubs/club/110195/the-dirt-cup to join it, as we’ll be keeping a watchful eye on which of the drivers have the most points. And what do points win? PRIZES. And prizes will include your very own DiRT Cup! Which are very exclusive and only available to the coolest of kids.
DIRT 4 is available on for the PS4, Xbox One, Windows PC, and as an instant digital download on the Steam network. (54,99€)
DIRT 4 Clubs Update Changelog:
- Improvements to AI in all disciplines
- Brutal AI difficulty is no longer tied to Fearless preset
- Tuning setups can now be used with lower skill rated teams
- Updated driver support for Thrustmaster devices – this adds support for the T500 (PS4 only)
- Added new support for Thrustmaster TS-XW
- Added new support for Thrustmaster Sparco R383
- Async improvements and updated Sponsors
- Fixed engine audio not playing in broadcast mode from multiplayer lobby
- Refinements and numerous bug fixes for Rallycross audio
- Fixed crash that occurred using Party invites (PS4 only)
- Prevented Welcome Event dead state (PC only)
- Pro Tour vehicles should not start with damage
- Community Events show time of day when loading
- Rallycross ghosting no longer gets triggered when completing a lap close to another player
- Screen Space Reflections added (PC and PS4 Pro only)
- Improved reflection rendering (PS4 Pro only)
- Lobby countdown reinstated (PC only)
- Disabling external cameras no longer forces camera back to head cam
- Option to reset controls to default added
- Improved stability
In addition to the above, the following changes from PC version 1.06 are now included on the consoles:
- Bug fixes and refinements to improve the quality across all written languages.
- Improved anti-cheat detection for Joyride leaderboards.
- Fearless difficulty modified so it allows all types of manual gears.
- Improved system for storing and re-uploading Community Event times when RaceNet is unavailable.
- Staff contracts now reduce at their expected rate in Pro Tour and Jam Session.
- Pro Tour scoring is now more consistent.
- ‘Up and Up’ achievement/trophy will now unlock when you get promoted to any tier in Pro Tour.
- Improved stability across the game.
- Fixed car wheels and suspension popping in the Service Area.
- Fixed Mailbox specific issues.
- Fixed an issue that caused some Community Events results to become invalidated.
- Fixed an issue with Delta Daily results.
DiRT 4 features a game-changing system called Your Stage; an innovative rally route creation tool that allows you to produce an almost-infinite number of unique stages at the press of a button. You choose your location and set the route parameters, then Your Stage does the hard work to create a unique rally stage that you can race, share with your friends and then challenge them to beat your time. Your Stage allows experienced rally players to create longer, more technical routes, whilst newcomers can create simpler shorter routes as they hone their skills.
With DiRT 4, Codemasters have sought to combine the levels of thrill and realism from last year’s DiRT Rally with the fearless excitement, accessibility and adrenaline-fuelled races previously seen in its critically acclaimed prequels DiRT 2 and DiRT 3.
Featuring classic rally racing that continues to build on the foundations set by the Colin McRae Rally games, the bruising contests from the official FIA World Rallycross Championship, the crazy battles of racing trucks and buggies, and the outrageous fun of open events in Joyride, players will face challenges from locations that span three continents.
Official Webpage – www.dirt4game.com