DiRT Rally 2.0 Update Version 1.7 – VR Support Is Here
Many community members have been shouting, yelling and swearing. And it must have worked.
Codemasters released a new update for their DiRT Rally 2.0 title which adds the long-awaited VR support via the Oculus Store and Steam as the game now supports OpenVR for the Steam version.
Furthermore, the update to Version 1.7 also adds a bunch of free content in the form of a selection of DirtFish Liveries and a Test Drive Location. To access the location select [Garage] from the My Team main menu, and then [Vehicle Options] and [Test Drive]. DirtFish is also expected to be added to Freeplay in a future update. There are currently no plans to add it to Multiplayer.
DiRT Rally is available for the PS4, Xbox One, and PC. The digital version of DiRT Rally 2.0 is available on Steam for 54,99€. The DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Edition is available for 74,99€.
Patch Notes: Version 1.7
- Added support for OpenVR (Steam version only)
- New Location: DirtFish (Test Drive only)
- New Livery: DirtFish – SUBARU WRX STI NR4
- New Livery: DirtFish – Opel Adam R2
- New Livery: DirtFish – Ford Fiesta OMSE SuperCar Lites
- New Livery: DirtFish – BMW E30 M3 Evo Rally
- New Livery: Per-Inge Walfridsson – Lancia Stratos
- Resolved issue where negative times were being displayed on Leaderboards.
- Tyre compound choice will no longer reset to Medium after every Stage.
- Added support for more scheduling options when setting up Club Championships.
- Added Turbocharger audio to Lancia Delta S4 (Rally).
- Resolved texture error on Ford Escort RS Cosworth.
- Resolved texture error with bonnet underside on Citroën C3 R5.
- Resolved issue with Porsche 911 RGT Rally Spec’s brake lights not working.
- Improved appearance of ŠKODA Fabia Rally (Up to 2000cc) tail lights and spoiler.
- Bikernieki, Latvia – Corrected grid slot ordering for Rallycross Heats
- Bikernieki, Latvia – Resolved issue where starting lights would not activate.
- Bikernieki, Latvia – Resolved collision issue with a specific rumble strip.
- Łęczna County, Poland – Improved lighting effects on grass.
- Łęczna County, Poland – Corrected time of sunset from 04:16 to 18:55.
- Resolved issue where Engine Upgrades 5 and 6 for Peugeot 205 T16 Rallycross were inverted.
- Resolved issue where ghost targets were not tracking correctly on Stage progress bars.
- Made fixes to certain issues preventing “Adaptable” from unlocking.
- Portuguese – Correction to text translation of “Hard Tyres”.
- German – Correction to text message for when users load a Tuning Setup.
- Spanish – Corrected co-driver callouts for certain turns on Polish stages.
- Added official support for Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 (AO) on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
- General stability improvements and minor bug fixes throughout the game.
And finally, some updates on hot topics within the DiRT community:
- There are no plans to add PlayStation VR support to DiRT Rally 2.0.
- Issues where audio cuts out mid-Stage are currently being worked on and should be resolved in a future update.
- Issues where Tuning Setups revert to default when taking part in Club Events are currently being worked on and are expected to be resolved in the next update (1.8).
Official Webpage – dirtgame.com