DiRT Rally – World RX Multiplayer Update
Codemasters deployed the v.0.7 update for their DiRT Rally Steam Early Access version bringing multiplayer rallycross racing to the title.
You will now be able to go head to head with your online friends in an officially licensed FIA World Rallycross event. And it does not stop there. The update is packed with new features such as 3 new cars (DS3, MINI Countryman Rallycross, and Subaru WRX STI), Wet weather for all Rallycross tracks, and a spanking new Norwegian World RX track called Hell.
Besides the rather exciting new features, the update is also packed with a large set of fixes and improvements. Keeping in mind that this is actually an early access version, it is safe to say that the Codemasters Dirt Rally Development team is rapidly making progress, and might be delivering one of the most fun off-road titles in recent years.
We are already looking forward to next months update that is nicknamed “Finland” and promises to be the fastest and most exciting update yet.
- A new World RX track – Hell, Norway
- New Rallycross drivers including, Liam Doran and Petter Solberg
- Wet weather for all Rallycross tracks
- Three new cars: DS3, MINI Countryman Rallycross, and Subaru WRX STI
- Brand new Wager Daily Event
- Some new advanced gamepad options
- Added a “Very Early” option for your Co-Driver calls
- A frankly amazing set of Hints and Tips for you to read during loading screens
- Removed the additional time penalty when the Off Track Reset Countdown expires and upped the limit on the timer
- We’ll now show you your ‘Fastest lap’ onscreen for an entire Rallycross Event
- Clutch Override which will give you the ability to use your clutch to override the automatic gearbox clutch
- *bleep bloop* new achievements
- Added a toggle for ‘Clutch Override’, which allows you to override the automatic clutch (allowing for clutch kicking)‘
- Advanced gamepad options’ are now available for joysticks… Yup somebody out there is playing DiRT Rally with a joystick
- Message added indicating if you’ve missed the entrance or exit of the joker lap.
- Optimised all routes for Lydden Hill so it chugs less
- Graphical Improvements to all stages on the Holjes Circuit as well as the routes for Powys, Wales and Pikes Peak
- Those excessive gravel surface sounds have been toned down – which should also help with stuttering audio
- Fixed an issue where the Community delta time splits were being incorrectly shown in the Pant Mawr stage from Wales
- Light pods no longer show on day routes when using the bonnet / interior cameras on certain vehicles
- Direct Input slider axis enumeration has been fixed which is a fancy way of saying this should solve issues with pedal bindings, most frequently the clutch
- Rallycross friend leaderboards now only show the players fastest lap time
- Abandoning a Rallycross Daily Event now uploads the stage maximum, rather than the time the game was paused… oops
- Jump starting certain Rallycross tracks no longer results in the players lap counter refusing to increment when passing the start/finish line
- Fix for the Founder liveries disappearing after the player resets their profile
- Community delta times are now displayed correctly in the standings before the event begins
- The Community delta times that were invalid on some tracks have now been reset
- Crossing a reset line will now always result in you receiving a penalty
- The Rallycross AI will now find the correct gear at the start of the race and not comically reverse
- Joker laps will now register even when exiting the joker sector backwards… Because sometimes it’s fun to show off
- The AI will now take the Joker lap in a Rallycross event less than 4 laps
- The AI should no longer accidently take a Joker lap when switching paths after losing control.
- Did you ever see that bug where the Rallycross AI would drive into a barrier, reverse, then drive into again? It was pretty funny but we thought we better fix it
- Used your data to improve our AI across all Rallycross routes. They’ll now put up much more of a challenge.
|Official Webpage – www.dirtgame.com|