Many press members, content creators, and World Rally Championship staff received a preview key to check out the upcoming EA SPORTS WRC title.
Yesterday EA SPORTS lifted the embargo for content creators to publish footage, reviews, and previews of the official FIA World Rally Championship game by Codemasters. Needless to say, the web is now flooded with good and bad in-game footage of the title. I selected to share with you some game preview videos created by Jon Clarke for his RALLY Technical YouTube channel. Enjoy.
While some may have expected otherwise, the first impressions of EA Sports WRC are very positive. The game has been praised for its realistic car handling, excellent graphics, comprehensive career mode, and to quote many who tried it… Amazing fun.
The video above showcases the infamous ice-covered roads of Monte-Carlo with the Ford Puma WRC Rally1 Hybrid. Video #2 shows us how Jon is tackling 2 stages featuring the Hyundai i20 Rally1 Hybrid on the Italian Sardegna stage, and a Monte-Carlo stage during summer driving Jon Armstrong’s Ford Fiesta Rally3.
The third video shows us a run in the Toyota Yaris Rally1 Hybrid in Finland during light rain and moderate stage degradation. Furthermore, we can have a look at the fictional rally ‘Mediterraneo’ with the Citroen Xsara WRC at sunset on a wet surface. Last but not least we can enjoy the sights and sounds of the iconic Audi Sport Quattro S1 E2 at the Safari Rally Kenya at dusk.
Jon recorded all footage at Ultra settings, at 5120 x 1440p HDR with an aspect ratio of 32:9 (cropped to 16:9) @60FPS. Audio was recorded with 5.1 channels @48,000Hz, 512kbps. (For those interested, Jon uses an ASUS TUF RTX 4090 graphics card.)
EA SPORTS WRC is scheduled to be released on 3 November 2023 for PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X/S. The game will be available in both standard and deluxe editions. The deluxe edition will include early access to the game, as well as additional content such as bonus cars and tracks.
EA SPORTS WRC features all 13 rounds of the 2023 FIA World Rally Championship season. This includes iconic rallies like Monte Carlo, Rally Finland, and Wales Rally GB. The game will also feature a variety of cars, from the latest WRC machines to classic rally cars from the past. 78 real-world rally cars are covering the entire history of the sport. The Dynamic Handling System is the most authentic and dynamic handling model the Codemasters team has built to date.
In addition to the standard racing mode, EA SPORTS WRC also features a career mode where you can create your own driver and compete for the World Rally Championship title. The game also features a multiplayer mode where you can race against other players online.
- Stunning visuals: The game features stunning visuals that bring the world of rally racing to life.
- Realistic physics: The game’s physics engine is incredibly realistic, making it feel like you’re actually driving a rally car.
- Intense gameplay: The gameplay is intense and challenging, requiring you to use all of your skills to master the cars and the tracks.
- All 13 rounds of the 2023 FIA World Rally Championship season: The game features all 13 rounds of the 2023 FIA World Rally Championship season, giving you the chance to race on some of the most iconic rally tracks in the world.
- Variety of cars: The game features a variety of cars, from the latest WRC machines to classic rally cars from the past.
Official Webpages – www.ea.com/games/ea-sports-wrc