New Euro Truck Simulator 2 update V1.9.22 (Review by DaSquirrelsNuts)
A few weeks ago Czechs SCS Software studio released Euro Truck Simulator update version 1.9.22 . The development team has updated various elements of the game such as Oculus Rift support and updated truck models. However, the main effort was put into the highly anticipated artificial Intelligence (AI) update. In the previous builds of the game the AI behavior could be somewhat frustrating. In a game such as Euro Truck Simulator 2 this is a vital part of the simulation. SCS software acknowledged this and has been hard at work in the last few months to upgrade this AI behaviour and bring it to a new level.
ETS2 fan and YouTube publisher DaSquirrelsNuts has a detailed look at the update and focusses on the new AI behavior. Keep in mind that this video is produced using the 1.9 public beta and still contained some small bugs that needed to be ironed out for the official release.DaSquirrelsNuts drives his favorite Scania around the highways of Euro Truck Simulator 2 and provides us with some interesting test scenario’s to see if AI vehicles behave as expected. DaSquirrelsNuts provides live commentary while performing the tests.
SCS Software also announced that the popular Mercedes-Benz New Actros truck will be coming to Euro Truck Simulator 2. This means that ETS2 will feature all fully branded trucks from all seven major European truck manufacturers.
Steam users Steam will see their version updated automatically, while the retail patch can be found here.
Euro Truck Simulator 2 update Changelog V1.9.0:
- Brand new traffic AI system;
- Oculus Rift support (with the -oculus launch option – this will be improved in the future), now also in the retail version;
- Early support for gamepad-controlled mouse cursor;
- Improved handling of automatic gearbox (more gears, interaction with cruise control);
- Improved compatibility with semi-broken prefabs used in mods;
- Improved error handling in radio playback;
- Updated defaults for the Xbox 360 controller in the input wizard to provide a better initial experience.
- Scania Streamline improvements (model, textures, paint jobs, new parts and accessories) – you may need visit truck dealer and re-purchase some parts;
- Volvo FH16 improvements (interior, wipers, shadows);
- Iveco Hi-way improvements (dashboard computer, shadows);
- Paintjobs are properly applied on add-ons in interior views;
- Map improvements.
- V8 engine sounds for Scania R and Scania Streamline.
Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a vehicle simulation game developed and published by SCS Software. The aim of the player is to drive a realistically modeled and simulated truck across a the roads and highways of Europe, picking up and delivering cargo. You can get a hold of Euro Truck Simulator on the Steam platform for 29,69€. –
|Official Webpage – http://www.eurotrucksimulator2.com/