Today Codemasters released the second PC Patch for the PC versions of F1 2013.
This update patch available via Steam, contains various fixes and improvements, and addresses the PC FPS issues.
As before, Codies state that further feedback will encourage them to keep on working on future fixes and enhancements.
PC FPS Issues:
Codemasters made further improvements to the PC FPS issue whereby higher specification PC’s had a considerable lap time advantage over lower ones.
The difference now should be negligible and should allow fair competition between all players. Again we are aware this is a hot topic and will continue to monitor the forums for feedback once this fix is live.
At 30+ FPS the track will now rubber in.
- In Online Custom Races AI cars that have retired will now be removed from the track correctly.
- Improved AI replication on high latency / low bandwidth connections in Online Custom Races.
- Corrected Professional and Expert AI difficulty on Sakhir (Bahrain) & Monza.
- Fixed an issue where on certain hardware all menus would be black.
- Force feedback settings have been tweaked to remedy the mid corner ‘dropout’ that some players were reporting.
The above fixes (where relevant) for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game are currently being tested and verified. These require additional submission and authorisation from Microsoft and Sony so the release date for these will follow a little later than the PC version.
Official Webpage – https://www.formula1-game.com/