Electronic Arts (EA) and Codemasters have released update V1.12 for F1 2021, the official game of the 2021 FIA Formula One World Championship.
This new patch introduces the Italian Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari, better known as the Imola circuit, alongside a number of livery and sponsor updates, including the unique Honda farewell livery for the Red Bull car. The included video showcases a lap at the Imola circuit on-board Pierre Gasly’s AlphaTauri.
Furthermore, the patch adds the esports pit release option, a Timeout for Multiplayer lobbies, and Social Play Templates. For more details, check out the full changelog below.
The Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari, also known as Imola, is named after the famous founder of Ferrari. It’s a circuit steeped in history, narrower than modern tracks, and characterized by its fast, often blind corners, and anti-clockwise direction.
Active on the Formula 1 calendar from 1980 to 2006, it’s seen many motorsport legends take to the track, before returning last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This is the first time since F1 2013 that Imola has been included in the franchise, and now you can head out and immerse yourself in the incredible Italian circuit.
As with Portimao, once you’ve downloaded the update, you’ll be able to select Imola immediately in Time Trial, Grand Prix, Real-Season Start, and online. If you’re in the middle of a Career save, you won’t need to start again: whether in My Team, or Driver Career, Imola will appear for selection in your next season.
The narrow nature of Imola means that overtaking spots are at a premium here, so once you’re up to speed with the track layout, you’ll want to make the most of the DRS zone around the final bend and line up your move into the first chicane – corners 2, 3 and 4 – otherwise known as the Variante Tamburello.
Official Website – www.formula1-game.com
- Imola has been added to the game
- Visual sports update including the special Red Bull livery as seen in the 2021 Turkish GP
- Esports Pit Release option has been added to multiplayer sessions
- Added support for the Fanatec CSL DD Base
- Added support for AMD FSR and CACAO
- Fixed an issue where the game information received by the host in an online session from a client machine resulted in the following issues: incorrect positional information for other players, stuttering and lag on the host machine, cars driving the wrong way in the pitlane and cars appearing on top of one another on the spectator feed.
- Addressed an issue where players would sometimes fail to connect to an online session
- Added a visible timeout to multiplayer sessions so that lobbies will not be unnecessarily held up while loading
- Addressed an issue where the lap counter could appear incorrect for spectators after a formation lap
- Addressed a crash that could occur when entering a weekly event after a network error
- Addressed an issue where the host being invited back to the session after a host migration could result in an error
- Portimao and Imola have been added to the Beginner and Experienced Social Play templates
- Addressed a handling exploit in lower speed corners
- Addressed an issue where user’s customisation could be locked as Carlos Sainz
- Addressed an issue where dials could be missing from the Ferrari wheel after adjusting camera settings
- Addressed an issue where users could incorrectly receive a penalty at the end of a Virtual Safety Car period
- Adjusted various kerbs in Bahrain, Monza and China
- Addressed various terrain holes on Bahrain and China
- Addressed an issue where changing shutter speed in Photo Mode could cause the image to be distorted
- Addressed an issue where floor damage could be accumulated on Spa-Francorchamps
- Leaderboard percentage ranking has been re-added to Time Trial
- Made improvements to AI yielding behaviour so they no longer match the player pace when not on a flying lap
- Addressed an issue where resetting camera customisation to default would only apply to TV-Pod camera
- Addressed an issue where it could be difficult to exit the pits in Baku as Williams without crossing the white line on the pit exit
- Addressed an issue where UDP data was not being broadcast on Xbox Series consoles
- Addressed an issue where retiring in the garage could cause a yellow flag incident
- Player will no longer incur a penalty for fitting a new gearbox after a gearbox failure has resulted in retirement from the race
- Addressed an issue where Nvidia DLSS mode could not be changed in some circumstances
- Component changes now correctly take effect when using Quick Practice
- Addressed an issue where fuel mix could be locked on an out lap on certain tracks
- Driver of the Day selection criteria has been updated
- General stability improvements
- Various minor fixes