Gran Turismo 6 Update 1.06
Polyphony Digital released software update 1.06 for Gran Turismo 6. The most eye catching features in this 295MB update are the GPS visualizer and data logger. For now only the Japanese tracks are supported, but Polyphony Digital stated that more circuits will be added in the near future. Another interesting feature are the customisable rear wings. You will be able to select and fit a combination of wing mounts, wing style and side winglets. You can also customise the height and width of the wings. However, it is reported that the feature is not compatible with all cars in Gran Turismo 6. A 3DTV option is added to the display settings and adjustments have been made to the open lobby for multiplayer games.
Data Logger now available
- [Data Logger] has been added to the [TOOLS] section in “My Home”. The Data Logger analyzes the driving data stored on a Replay file and displays it in a graph, allowing users to view and compare variations in vehicle speed, acceleration points, braking points, engine rpm values and gear positions.
GPS Visualizer function introduced
- [GPS Visualizer] has been added to the [TOOLS] section in “My Home”. By driving a car equipped with the “Sports Drive Logger” (sold by Toyota) on a real-life circuit, the recorded GPS data can be transferred to “Gran Turismo 6” via a compatible USB storage media, and then subsequently converted into Replay file in the game. It’s be possible to compare and analyze these GPS data using the [Data Logger] feature. This feature is currently available with Fuji Speedway, Tsukuba Circuit and Suzuka Circuit, with more tracks to be added later on.
Custom Rear Wing option implemented
- [Custom Rear Wing] has been added to the [External Parts] menu, accessible from the [Custom Parts] options within the [Tuning & Maintenance] section in “My Home”. You can choose a combination of wing mounts, wing style and side winglets. Users can also adjust the height and width of the wing to their liking. (*Please note this feature isn’t compatible with certain cars.)
3DTV compatibility now added
- A [3DTV] option has been added to the [Display] category within the [Options] screen in the [MENU] (accessible by pressing the START button). A 3D compatible TV is required for this feature.
Adjustments to the Open Lobby
- From the Member List, it is now possible to see the Performance Points, maximum output and weight of the cars that have joined the room.
- An “Overall Best” time is now displayed on screen while in Practice, Qualifying, Time Trial and Drift Trial.
- The minimum value for [Max Power Limit] and [Minimum Weight] has been changed from 10 to 1.
- The options available in the [Race Type] menu within [Room Settings] of the “Event Settings” screen have been changed.
Other improvements and adjustments
- The Traction Control System (TCS) which is activated when driving off-track is now used only in sand/gravel pits.
- The strength of the “Real” option for the [Slipstream Strength] parameter within [Race Settings] when creating a room in [Open Lobby], has been weakened.
For more details on each of the above features, please refer to the online manual on gran-turismo.com.
Gran Turismo 6 is a sim racing video game developed by Polyphony Digital and published by Sony Computer Entertainment for the PlayStation 3 video game console.
It is the sixth major release and twelfth game overall in the Gran Turismo video game series. It was released worldwide on December 6, 2013.
|Official Webpage – http://www.gran-turismo.com|