Gran Turismo 6 v1.12 update released
Polyphony Digital Inc. released update v1.12 for Gran Turismo 6, weighing a massive 484MB. The most exiting feature of this update is the new ‘Sierra Time Rally’ special event mode. Up and till now the “Circuito de la Sierra” that is modelled after the Ronda region of Spain, is the longest track to have ever appeared in a Gran Turismo title. GT6 players will have to attempt to get to the finish line within the time allowed.
The update also brings you three new cars. The Toyota FT-1 graphite, and the GT racing version of the FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo. Last but not least, 2014 GT Academy qualification participants will receive the Nissan GT-R Nismo.
The new “Quick Match” mode will automatically match online Players for a quick and easy online race. For more info, read the full changelog below.
GT6 1.12 Update notes:
Vision Gran Turismo
- The “Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo” has been released. The design concept FT-1 is honed to perfection in this rendition to enhance its features and designs required for pure racing competition.
- After the update has been installed, the car can be purchased from the [Vision GT] option within the [CARS] section in “My Home”. Alternatively, it is also possible to obtain the car by completing a lap (regardless of the lap time) in the new Seasonal Event, available only for a limited time.
- Sierra Time Rally
The “Sierra Time Rally” has been added to the [SPECIAL EVENTS] section in “My Home”. In the first original long course “Circuito de la Sierra” modelled after the Ronda region of Spain, players will attempt to complete a lap around the course within the allotted time.
- The time remaining can be extended by passing through the checkpoints, overtaking other cars will raise your combo level and your score will be calculated according to the distance driven. There are many other ways to increase your score, try to find them all!
- [Quick Match] has been added to the [ONLINE] section of “My Home”. When the event is selected, players will automatically be matched to other players around the world for a quick and easy online race.
New vehicles have been introduced
The following cars have been added to the [Dealerships] option within the [CARS] section of “My Home”. You can also find these cars in the [Recommended Cars] option of the same section:
- Toyota FT-1 graphite
- Nissan GT-R Nismo ’14(*)
*Players who participated in the “GT Academy 2014” Online Qualifiers will receive this car free of charge.
Additional Meters have been added
It is now possible to install “Additional Meters” from the [Custom Parts] option within the [TUNING & SERVICING] section of “My Home”. You can select up to 3 instruments to add from the following: “Boost Meter”, “Water Temperature Gauge”, “Oil Temperature Gauge”, “Rev. Counter”, “Speedometer”, “Oil Pressure Gauge”, “Voltmeter” and “Fuel Gauge”.
Steering Controller support extended
The Thrustmaster T300RS is now officially supported and fully compatible with Gran Turismo 6. It is possible to reassign the control keys from the [Steering Controller] category within the [Options] screen in the [MENU] (accessible by pressing the START button).
Force Feedback Strength can now be adjusted from the [Quick Menu]
- The [Feedback Strength] value that could previously be adjusted only from the [Steering Characteristics] category within the [Options] screen in the [MENU] can now also be adjusted from the [Driving Options] of the “Quick Menu”, displayed before a race starts.
- Additionally, the strength of the force feedback previously adjustable only under [Feedback Strength] can now be adjusted independently with the [Force Feedback Max. Torque] and [Force Feedback Sensitivity] sliders: it is now possible to set the strength of the feedback during extreme cornering and the steering sensitivity when near the centred position independently.
- Force feedback can now be adjusted on 200 degree lock-to-lock type controllers such as the Driving Force™ EX.
- The motor assist control for the Toyota TS030 Hybrid ’12 has been changed. Because the motor assist only works when the car is at full throttle (over 80%), the motor no longer comes into effect during partial throttle while cornering.
|Official Webpage – http://www.gran-turismo.com|