The OneLapHeroes YouTube channel’s Konstantinos Sidiras had the opportunity to interview Co-Founder and Executive Manager at Kunos Simulazioni, Marco Massarutto, and Kunos Simulazioni’s Vehicle Dynamics specialist (Aris) Aristotelis Vasilakos.
Marco and Aris talk about the past, present, and future of the Assetto Corsa franchise, starting at the early nerKar Pro days to the extreme success that is now Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizione. A hugely successful franchise that currently is used by roughly 3,5 million users.
To quote Konstantinos, the Kunos Simulazioni team always remained the same humble, hard-working enthusiasts on a quest to create the best driving ‘game’ they could.
Needless to say, I fully agree with that statement.
- 0:00 – Intro
- 1:23 – Our Two Guests
- 2:19 – Before Assetto Corsa – The netKar Pro Days
- 10:10 – From Medicine To Vehicle Dynamics
- 14:09 – Game or Simulator?
- 15:49 – The First Nürburgring Experience
- 17:50 – The Nordschleife In Assetto Corsa
- 21:24 – The Press Event At Vallelunga
- 22:55 – Every ‘Ring Trip Still Feels Special
- 24:33 – High & Low Points
- 27:32 – The Night Of the AC Early-Access Release
- 39:27 – Assetto Corsa Competizione & Esports Today
- 55:56 – Sim Racers Making The Best Motorsport Fans
- 57:12 – Best Real Life Experiences
- 1:05:01 – Drifting Prototypes In Hethel
- 1:11:28 – Real Life Dream Cars
- 1:15:30 – Outro
The PC version of the game is currently on offer via Steam for €39.99.Official Webpages – www.assettocorsa.net/competizione – One Lap Heroes YouTube Channel