iRacing – 1989 Audi 90 GTO Available
The last few days, iRacing members were informed of a reveal live stream that was going take place today. While many community members out there started speculating about the content of this hyped reveal, others were pretty sure that it was going to be an iRacing DIRT release announcement. Nothing was actually further from the truth.
As a complete surprise, iRacing revealed the iconic 1989 Audi 90 GTO for their online racing simulation.
The Audi 90 GTO will be available today for $11.95. New members can use the promo code PR-AUDI90 to grab the Audi 90 GTO for free.
To accompany this surprise release, iRacing has published a small documentary video featuring German racing driver Hans-Joachim Stuck who drove the menacing Audi 90 in the 1989 American IMSA GTO championship.
Below you can view the renders of the model and watch an in-game video by David Rodriguez who runs a few demonstration laps in the newly added Audi 90 GTO at Road Atlanta.
The 1989 Audi 90 IMSA GTO was a wide-body turbocharged 4 wheel drive racers powered by a 5 cylinder 2190cc engine with 20 valves derived from the Group B and Pikes Peak rally cars. With a massive 720hp at 7500 rpm, the car could beat the much bigger engined American IMSA GTO monsters.
During a race, the car just looked menacing . With an exhaust that was routed trough the passenger door while spitting huge flames generated by the KKK turbo, and the whistle and waste gate noises of the turbo powered engine, it was a feast for the spectating race fans. During the 1989 IMSA GTO series season, Hans-Joachim Stuck was able to win seven races in this monster.
Audi 90 Quattro IMSA GTO Specifications:
- Configuration Straight 5
- Location Front, longitudinally mounted
- Construction aluminum alloy block and head
- Displacement 2.19 liter / 133.6 cu in
- Bore / Stroke 81.0 mm (3.2 in) / 85.0 mm (3.3 in)
- Valvetrain 4 valves / cylinder, DOHC
- Fuel feed Bosch Motronic Fuel Injection
- Aspiration KKK Turbo
- Power 709 bhp / 529 KW @ 7500 rpm
- Torque 720 Nm / 531 ft lbs @ 6000 rpm
- BHP/Liter 324 bhp / liter
- Power to weight 0.59 bhp / kg
- Top Speed 310 km/h (193 mph)
- Body glass-fibre reinforced plastic panels
- Chassis steel tubular frame
- Suspension (fr/r) double wishbones, gas-pressurised shock absorbers
- Steering rack-and-pinion, power-assisted
- Brakes ventilated discs, all-round
- Gearbox 6 speed Manual
- Drive Quattro All wheel drive
- Weight 1207 kilo / 2661 lbs
- Length / Width / Height 4481 mm (176.4 in) / 1999 mm (78.7 in) / 1222 mm (48.1 in)
- Wheelbase / Track (fr/r) 2537 mm (99.9 in) / 1679 mm (66.1 in) / 1679 mm (66.1 in)
|Official Webpage – www.iRacing.com|