KartingAsia posted a comparison of real life on-board footage and a replay from Piboso´s Kart Racing Pro.
You see a lap on the Malaysian Sepang Kart track both driven by Mikko Nässi.
Kart Racing Pro is a realistic karting simulator.
The aim is to create a software useful as a training tool for real drivers, based on a scratch built physics engine that accurately simulates kart dynamics and setup options.
As such a steering wheel is strongly recommended, although keyboard, joysticks and gamepads are fully supported.
Kart Racing Pro also allows to host and join online races, with an integrated matchmaking server. During events data is collected, to provide statistics for drivers’ comparison.
- – automotive industry-standard tire model
- – dynamic track surface groove buildup
- – wet track simulation and dynamic drying
- – dynamic marbles generation
- – Tyres pickup of marbles, grass and dirt, affecting grip
- – output of CSV files with telemetry data to analyze driving sessions
- – a plugins interface allows external programs to receive realtime data from the simulated kart
- – LAN and online racing. Dedicated server available
- – support of custom paint schemes for kart, helmet and suit
- – advanced users can build new tracks and integrate them with the provided tools
- – user-selectable driver gestures
|Official Webpage – http://www.kartracing-pro.com/|