New WreckFest Update released
Good news for all demolition derby fans out there.
BugBear Entertainment has released a new update for their Wreckfest smash ’em up racer formerly known as Next Car Game. The update contains a good number of fixes and optimizations and also introduces a new Rally Cross circuit you might recognize. Keep in mind that the track featured in this update is still a work-in-progress.
The patch also features further refinements to the tire model of Wreckfest. Besides the tire model also, the suspension system has been reworked. Both the tire and suspension tweaks should result in a more realistic and responsive driving feel.
In line with the physics updates, BugBear Entertainment reworked the gamepad and keyboard controls and implemented a Speed Sensitivity setting that should help you not to go over the slip angle of the tire.
On the graphics side, grass and shadow rendering has been improved and therefore, could have a positive effect on your frame-rates. Also, the performance of the dedicated server has been improved. For more info, check out the changelog below, or visit the Wreckfest page on Steam.
(Included video by Mr. Ixolite)
- Added Mixed 2, a new rallycross type track.
- Optimized dedicated server CPU usage.
- Improved visual damage scaling with network lag.
- Improved tire model and suspension setups.
- Tweaked gamepad and keyboard controller.
- Added effect level-of-detail models to improve performance.
- Laps are no longer count when driving in the center of Speedway 2 Inner Oval.
- Improved Racing 2 environment and art.
- Added additional sound effects to user interface.
- Added two new tabs to options (Graphics and Gameplay) with settings split from the previous Display tab.
- Added volume sliders for garage ambient sounds and interface sound effects.
- Grass setting now affects density too, and all quality levels perform faster.
- Optimized shadow quality settings and added one more level.
- Fixed a bug in the particle quality setting.
- Made low-quality cube map slightly faster.
- Made some more settings changeable on-the-fly.
|Official Webpage – www.wreckfestgame.com|