Nicki Thiim – First (Crazy) Look At Assetto Corsa Competizione
Famous names from various racing series around the world, such as Max Verstappen, Rubens Barrichello, Dale Earnhardt Jr. Shane van Gisbergen, the late Justin Wilson, Rene Rast, Kelvin Van der Linde, Nicky Catsburg and many more have been avid sim racers for quite a while and compete on a regular basis on various sim racing titles. Some of them have also embraced the sim racing media scene and are publishing their sim racing adventures on various media channels.
And then there is Nicki Thiim… What can we say? A professional racing driver, former Audi Sport Works driver, currently an Aston Martin Works driver, wacky hairstyle inventor, the world’s worst singer, raw chicken eater, social media addict, and now and then a full-featured nutcase. All in all, he is weird, funny, friendly, and pretty fast. He has the best job in the world and loves sim racing… so get ready for something weird.
Our favorite professional racing driver takes a first look at the freshly released Assetto Corsa Competizione Early Access version. Please keep in mind that you watching footage of an early access game with limited features. Assetto Corsa Competizione will be modified and changed frequently before the title reaches its final release version.
The first Steam Early Access version of the Assetto Corsa Competizione racing title is now available via the Steam platform for 24,99€. For more details regarding the release dates of the upcoming releases, new content, and pricing, check out the official ACC early access release chart.
Nicki Thiim – Professional Racing Driver
Professional racing driver Nicki Thiim loves to do some sim racing in his spare time. In his very sympathetic and often funny style, Nicki shares his talk & race sim racing videos on his YouTube channel.
The Dansky Junior as he is sometimes nicknamed started his career in the Danish Karting scene and rapidly raced himself trough the ranks to become a professional racing driver. Besides having won some prestigious world championships, Nicki was also an Audi Sport Works driver and won the 2014 Le-Mans 24H in the GTE-AM class. Currently, Nicki is an Aston Martin Works Driver competing in the FIA World Endurance Championship.
Nicki Thiim Career Highlights:
- 2001 Danish Karting Champion
- 2006 Danish Formula Ford Champion
- 2006 P6 Formula Ford Festival (world championship)
- 2008 German Seat Leon Supercopa Champion
- 2008-2012 VW Motorsport Works Driver
- 2013 Porsche Supercup Champion
- 2013 24h Nürburgring Winner – Mercedes-Benz
- 2014-2015 Audi Sport Works Driver
- 2014 24h Le Mans GTE-AM Winner Aston Martin
- 2014 24h FIA WEC GTE-AM World Champion Aston Martin
- 2014 Porsche Carrera Cup Team Championship
- 2014 ADAC GT Masters Team Championship Audi
- 2015 24h Spa P3 Audi
- 2016 Aston Martin Works Driver at the FIA WEC
- 2016 FIA WEC GT Drivers World Champion
- 2016 FIA WEC GTE-Pro Team World Champion
- 2017 24h Nürburgring SP8 Class-Winner Aston Martin
Official Webpage – www.iracing.com – www.danskyjr.com