Nicki Thiim – iRacing Ferrari 488 GTE VS FORD GT GTE
He is weird, funny, friendly, and pretty fast. He has the best job in the world and loves sim racing…
Our favorite real-world racing driver Nicki Thiim shares his first impression on the newly released Ferrari 488 and Ford GT GTE for the iRacing Online Racing platform. During the video, the Dansky Junior provides us with some helpful Tips & tricks to safely navigate the Circuit de la Sarthe, better known as Le Mans.
The real-world 2017 edition of the mythical 24 Hours of Le Mans endurance race at the Circuit de la Sarthe will be held on 17 and 18 June. The virtual iRacing 24 Hours of Le Mans will be held on June 10. Contenders have the choice of driving the HPD ARX 01c, Ford GT GTE or the Ferrari 488 GTE. The top split of the event will be broadcast LIVE to the public at iRacing.com/live, with coverage powered by RaceSpotTV.
In the real-world 2017 Le Mans 24H, Nicki Thiim will drive the #95 works Aston Martin Racing Vantage GTE with teammates Marco Sørensen (DN) and Richie Stanaway (NZ). The sister AMR #97 entry will be driven by Darren Turner (UK) and Jonny Adam (UK) and Daniel Serra (BR).
Nicki Thiim – Professional Racing Driver
Professional racing driver Nicki Thiim loves to do some sim racing in his spare time. In his very sympathetic and often funny style, Nicki shares his talk & race sim racing videos on his YouTube channel.
The Dansky Junior as he is sometimes nicknamed started his career in the Danish Karting scene and rapidly raced himself trough the ranks to become a professional racing driver. Besides having won some prestigious world championships, Nicki was also an Audi Sport Works driver and won the 2014 Le-Mans 24H in the GTE-AM class. Currently, Nicki is an Aston Martin Works Driver competing in the FIA World Endurance Championship.
Nicki Thiim Career Highlights:
- 2001 Danish Karting Champion
- 2006 Danish Formula Ford Champion
- 2006 P6 Formula Ford Festival (world championship)
- 2008 German Seat Leon Supercopa Champion
- 2008-2012 VW Motorsport Works Driver
- 2013 Porsche Supercup Champion
- 2013 24h Nürburgring Winner – Mercedes-Benz
- 2014-2015 Audi Sport Works Driver
- 2014 24h Le Mans GTE-AM Winner Aston Martin
- 2014 24h FIA WEC GTE-AM World Champion Aston Martin
- 2014 Porsche Carrera Cup Team Championship
- 2014 ADAC GT Masters Team Championship Audi
- 2015 24h Spa P3 Audi
- 2016 Aston Martin Works Driver at the FIA WEC
- 2016 FIA WEC GT Drivers World Champion
- 2016 FIA WEC GTE-Pro Team World Champion
Official Webpage – www.iracing.com – www.danskyjr.com