Project CARS 2 – Introducing the Ferrari 330 P4 and Ford MK.IV
Yesterday Slightly Mad Studios and publisher Bandai Namco confirmed that a selection of no less than ten classic and current Ferarri models will be included in the upcoming Project CARS 2 title. One of the most iconic cars in the pack is the famous 1967 Ferrari 330 P4. Another interesting racer from yesteryear featured in the game is the Ford GT40 Mk IV which in the real world became the feared adversary of the 330 P4.
Slightly Mad Studios posted a nice write-up outlining the battles between the Ferrari 330 P4 and Ford MK.IV. They also posted a selection of stunning in-game images showing us the virtual versions of the iconic cars as presented in the Project CARS 2 racing title.
The hand built Ferrari 330 P4 is often regarded as one of the most beautiful race cars ever built. Three chassis were originally made and raced as close coupes and later on converted into Spyders for the Brands Hatch BOAC 500 race. The cars were powered by a mid-longitudinally mounted 4-liter V12 engine that derived from a 3-liter F1 engine that produced 444 bhp / 331 KW at 8,000 rpm. While its short racing campaign lasted only one season, the 330 P4’s did manage to come in 1-2-3 at the Daytona, clinch a third overall at the in 1967 24-Hours of Le Mans and win the 1000-km race at Monza.
The Ford GT40 Mk IV is another historic sports car that is edged in the motorsport history books. The Mark IV was the ultimate evolution of the GT40 series and was replete with a variety of outstanding technological features. It was powered by a big block FE 427, 7 liter V8 engine that delivered 530 bhp / 395 KW at 6200 rpm. At the 1967 24 Hours of Le Mans, the Mk IV had to battle three factory-supported Ferrari 330 P4’s ending the race in the now historic Ford-Ferrari-Ferrari-Ferrari-Ford order.
Project CARS 2 the ‘ultimate driver journey’ will become available September 22 – 2017 for the PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam OS.
- Licensed Cars: There are more than 170 licensed cars from the world’s most recognizable brands.
- Track Roster: More than 40 tracks including Daytona, LeMans, and the Mazda Raceway
- New Vehicle Types: Rallycross, IndyCars and Oval racers arrive in this year’s version.
- Visual Enhancements and Track Conditions: PC2 will support VR, 12K, 21:9 and triple-screen support. It will also feature a dynamic time of day, weather and new seasonal conditions
- esports Compatibility: PC2 will also be esports-ready from launch. Full ranking ad broadcasting/streaming functionality
- Online Components: New online championships will help to augment the competitive scene.
- Gameplay Enhancements: LiveTrack 3.0 delivers dynamic surface conditions that impact vehicle performance, as well as track evolution. there’s also new bleeding-edge tire physics, improved AI, and gamepad controls.
Official Webpage – www.projectcarsgame.com