RaceRoom – BMW M235i Racing And Update Released
Sector3 Studios released the BMW M235i Racing Sports Trophy for their RaceRoom Racing Experience title. Furthermore, they also deployed a new core update that brings you the usual fixes and improvements and also implements some new dedicated server features and sound enhancements.
The BMW M235i Racing model is available in the RaceRoom Store for €3.48. Sector3 Studios also provides a pack version of the car including 23 stunning liveries for €7.28. Liveries can also be purchased individually at €0.29 a piece.
The BMW M235i Racing is a production-based customer racing coupé that meets all the basic requirements to compete in entry-level racing car series. The car is currently used in series and events such as the VLN Endurance Championship and the Nürburgring 24 Hours on the Nürburgring-Nordschleife. The BMW M235i Racing is also competing in various international BMW Sports Trophy Series.
- Lowered default minimum force setting for Thrustmaster wheels.
- Fixed Slow Down penalty calculations on turbocharged cars
- Fixed cut detection logic on tracks with pitlane close to the track like Laguna Seca where simple cuts would result in disproportionate penalties.
- DRS no longer deactivates from lateral G’s
- Changed so game stops reporting error 13 when leaving a game session after only losing a couple heartbeats during the session
- Change so the pitlane speed information overlay always shows when inside the pitlane.
- Fixed a case where cars would appear to be hovering above tarmac on pre-race screens.
- Fixed some data displays showing a ticker counting up to 0 at race starts.
- Fixed an invalid lap overlay that was sometimes showing without any text.
- Added a button to view the leaderboards upon finishing a Hillclimb run so we could get rid of the non-elegant solution of showing the position bar to inform the player of his position.
- Changed the logic for the “Restart” button in leaderboards & competitions so it no longer purges your best lap and can still show the live time diff to your ghost on the data display.
- Fixed a message wrongly stating the next lap would be invalidated in Hillclimb runs.
- Fixed an issue where the HUD elements would sometimes be moved when coming back from an instant replay.
- Fixed a crash occurring sometimes when cycling through cameras in the pitlane.
- The game now aborts start-up if no display adapter resolution was found.
- Added a dedicated server setting to set a latency limit (in milliseconds). Any player caught consistently above that limit will be automatically booted.
Added a dedicated server setting to force the race to end after a set time (in seconds). When set to OFF, the server will always wait for a race winner.
- Fixed an issue where the dedicated server would sometimes not wait for late joiners to complete their loading sequence and proceed to next session anyway.
- Fixed a case where disconnected players would sometimes remain visible on the HUD track map.
Sounds, Cameras, Physics & AI:
- All cars: new external gearshifts added.
- All cars: Adjusted suspension sounds.
- All cars: Road Noise is now pure of any chassis sounds. Increased trigger sensitivity of bump samples.
- Audi TT cup: Increased AI respect for other cars space
- Mercedes 190 DTM 1992: New sounds
- Opel Omega DTM 1992: New sounds
- Hockenheim: fixed a harsh cut detection on the right hander entering the stadium area.
- Nordschleife: Tweaked AI speed in Carousel.
- Spa-Francorchamps: added some fly by cameras
Portal & Backend:
- Added Team information on player profile and leaderboards.
- Free content is now visible again in the store.
- Lada Vesta 2017: Fixed an interior window texture
- Nürburgring: modified the font of the Porsche tagline on the GP pitwall.
- Spa-Francorchamps: Resurfaced to reflect current asphalt, small fixes and tweaks.
Official Webpage – game.raceroom.com – sector3studios.com
M235i Racing Car Specifications:
- Length: 4,454mm
- Max. width: 1,862mm (without mirrors)
- Height: 1,380mm
- Wheel base: 2,690mm
- Max. track width: 1,608mm
Engine / Transmission:
- Straight six-cylinder petrol engine
- BMW M Performance TwinPower Turbo
- Capacity: 2,979ccm
- Output: 245kW (333bhp)
- Torque: 450Nm
- Racing exhaust with racing catalytic converters
- Steering wheel with shift paddles
- BMW M Performance limited-slip differential
- TANK Motorsport safety tank
Suspension / Steering:
- KW dampers
- H&R suspension springs
- Front: H&R anti-roll bar (2-way)
- Rear: H&R anti-roll bar
- Front: High-performance motorsport braking system
- Performance Friction (PFC); 4-pot fixed caliper
- Rear: BMW M Performance 2-pot braking system
ABS / DSC / ASC:
- BMW Motorsport-specific racing application
Tyres / Wheels:
- 18×10 inch alloy rims
- Cage with DMSB certificate and FIA approval
- 6-point racing harness from Schroth
- Racing seat RECARO Pro Racer SPG
- EXTRAS Taxi seat, incl. belt
- XL driver’s seat