RaceRoom Build Update And Road America Track Released
Sector3 Studios has deployed a new update for their RaceRoom Racing Experience title and added new track content in the form of the Road America circuit.
The new build release for RaceRoom brings us the usual list of fixes and improvements focusing mainly on the Multiplayer and AI aspects of the simulator. Check out the full changelog below for more details.
While in the past, the Sector3 Studios track team has already made a name for itself developing stunning virtual versions of real-world racing circuits, it seems they have raised the bar once more. In our humble opinion, the RaceRoom Road America version is easily the most impressive and visually pleasing virtual recreation of the track yet.
Road America is a famous North American permanent road course located near Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin USA. Surrounded by the rolling hills of Wisconsin’s Kettle Moraine, the 6.541km track has hosted races since the 1950s and currently hosts events such as the NASCAR Xfinity Series, WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, SCCA Pirelli World Challenge, ASRA, AMA Superbike series, IndyCar Series, and SCCA Pro Racing’s Trans-Am Series.The 6.515 km (4.048 mi) long track features 14 turns.
The RaceRoom Road America track addon is available at the RaceRoom Store for €4.98.
- Multiplayer – Garage assignment should now result in a lot less spawning inside several other cars.
- Multiplayer – Fixed for a second time the gear selection that resets on starting grid after everyone is ready (aka “the Franconen bug”)
- Multiplayer – Fixed a case where a close finish between two players with latency (ping) higher than the gap between their cars would result in one of them not registering the race finish and allowed one more lap.
- AI – Further improved spatial awareness
- AI – AI cars now embark varying amount of fuel in practice and qualify sessions.
- AI – Improved their pitstop strategy decisions (starting fuel, number of stops)
- AI – AI drivers now have a random performance factor to avoid having always the same AI’s winning most championships.
- AI – Nordschleife Tourist AI cars finishing a lap now longer remain idle in the parking area.
- Thrustmaster – Updated API version / Added support for LEDs and automated the fetching of the wheel range
- Removed the Pitstop cancel button if the player is in the pitlane to prevent mistakes.
- Pit menu navigation – “Menu Up” and “Menu Down” command no longer wrap vertically
- Further improved performance when changing values on the car setup screen.
Sound, Physics & AI:
- Porsche 911 GT3 R – External sounds improvements
- Porsche Cayman GT4 CS – Reduced lift-off oversteer (engine braking)
- GTR3 Car class – BOP adjustments. Leaderboards were cleared.
- WTCC 16/17 – More stability in the rear, reduced braking power. Also reduced the domination of Citroen by AI.
- Audi TT cup – AI has been slowed down
- Ford GT1 – Gearbox is now properly marked as sequential
- Saleen S7R – Gearbox is now properly marked as sequential
- Formula RaceRoom 2 – Now has a maximum steering lock
- Zandvoort – AI strength adjusted
- Chevrolet Daytona Prototype – Fixed a very bright cockpit when looking at a certain LOD level of the car
- Porsche 991 GT3 Cup – Fixed missing labels/texture on the steering wheel