RaceRoom Mercedes-AMG Motorsport eRacing Competition 2018
To celebrate 30 Years of DTM, Mercedes-AMG Motorsport and Sector3 Studios proudly present the 2018 Mercedes-AMG Motorsport eRacing Competition.
Just as in last years event, the championships weapon of choice is the RaceRoom Racing Experience simulator by Sector3 Studios. The competition is completely free for all.
- 30 years – five chapters – five champions. This year you can expect the challenge of competing with different vehicles throughout the season.
- Driving dynamics, Livery and much more have been integrated into the ‘RaceRoom Racing Experience’ by the five champions vehicles.
- New format: One qualifying competition round and one multi-player race per DTM race weekend.
- Livestream of multi-player races during DTM race weekends on Facebook, YouTube and at Mercedes-AMG Motorsport World of Experience.
- The top five eRacers will travel to the DTM finale in Hockenheim and compete against the six Mercedes-AMG Motorsport DTM drivers.
- The three best players in the finale will each get the chance to attend an AMG Driving Academy event.
The five best online drivers will take part in the final virtual race against the six Mercedes-AMG DTM drivers.
- 1st prize: Three-stage AMG Driving Academy RACETRACK training incl. travel there and accommodation with coaching by an AMG brand ambassador (e.g. Karl Wendlinger or Bernd Schneider) and racing driver during one of the training sessions – AMG PERFORMANCE training – AMG ADVANCED training – AMG PRO training
- 2nd prize: Two-stage AMG Driving Academy RACETRACK training incl. travel there and accommodation. – AMG PERFORMANCE training – AMG ADVANCED training
- 3rd prize: Single-stage AMG Driving Academy RACETRACK training incl. travel there and accommodation. – AMG PERFORMANCE training
How the Mercedes-AMG Motorsport eRacing Competition works:
The Mercedes-AMG</span> Motorsport eRacing competition will take place in tandem with the 2018 DTM season. There will be a qualifying competition in the run-up to every race weekend. The 18 best gamers will qualify for the multi-player race which will take place at the same time, 13:00 (CET), on DTM race Sundays. In the multi-player race, the 18 best eRacers from qualifying will compete against each others.
The multi-player races will be broadcast as live stream via Facebook and YouTube as well as at Mercedes-AMGMotorsport World of Experience. The top ten drivers from the race will be awarded points according to the DTM classification system. The race format will consist of a fifteen-minute warm-up, followed by a ten-minute qualifying session and a twenty-minute race.
At the end of the championship, the five best eRacers will be invited to the DTM finale in Hockenheim to contest the virtual final round against the six Mercedes-AMG</span> Motorsport DTM drivers. The top three online eRacers will each be given the chance to attend an AMG Driving Academy event.
Before joining, make sure you read the competition entrance requirements and Rules and Regulations.
30 years of DTM – a special anniversary for Mercedes-AMG Motorsport. 30 years of fascinating cars, legendary drivers, epic battles and lots of victories and titles. Now it’s time to relive these years, drive the cars from the past and also form a new generation of legends in the 2018 Mercedes-AMG Motorsport eRacing Competition.
It was the AMG Mercedes 190 E2.5 16 Evolution II which gave Mercedes-AMG the first title in the DTM in 1992, with “Mister DTM” Klaus Ludwig behind the wheel. In a time before anti-lock brakes, Ludwig clinched the championship with his race intelligence and experience ahead of his two Mercedes teammates Kurt Thiim and Bernd Schneider, against the strong opposition of BMW and Audi.
The next car was the AMG-Mercedes C-Klasse DTM, a car that was truly ahead of its time, using more advanced technology than it was common in Formula One at the time. There were strong opponents with the four-wheel-driven Alfa Romeos and Opels, but the rear-wheel-driven C-Klasse was more than a match for it. Ludwig secured another title in 1994, before the time of Bernd Schneider began, who claimed both the DTM and ITC drivers championship in 1995 in his silver car with the neon yellow mirrors.
The ITC was short-lived, but the DTM returned in 2000 and of course, Mercedes-AMG Motorsport was present with the AMG-Mercedes CLK DTM. Bernd Schneider was in the form of his life, winning three championships in 2000, 2001 and 2003, and even though the ruleset restricted the cars more than in past years, the battles were even more spectacular, especially between AMG and the yellow ABT Audis.
In 2004, the DTM returned to its roots with 4-door limousines, and Mercedes-AMG Motorsport prepared the next generation of the AMG-Mercedes C-Klasse DTM. Bernd Schneider scored his last title in 2006, but the next generation was already in the starting blocks, with British drivers Gary Paffett and Paul di Resta winning the championship in 2005 and 2010 respectively.
In 2012, we truly arrived in the modern era of DTM. With the Mercedes-AMG C 63 DTM, AMG prepared a strong challenger against the Audis and BMWs. In 2015, youngster Pascal Wehrlein, who was born in 1994, two years after Mercedes-AMG’s first DTM title, won the championship.
All these cars will be a part of the 2018 Mercedes-AMG Motorsport eRacing Competition. In nine leaderboard challenges, you can try out the cars for free and set the fastest time you can. Each time, the best 18 drivers will qualify for online multiplayer races which are held on the DTM Sundays, live streamed on the Facebook and YouTube page of Mercedes-Benz and also in the Mercedes-AMG Motorsport hospitality, where the DTM legends will watch the race. The best five drivers of the multiplayer championship will be invited to the DTM final at Hockenheim, all expenses paid. There they can compete against the whole Mercedes-AMG Motorsport DTM line-up and fight for glory and prizes: AMG Driving Experiences with professional coaching for the top three. You can see the highlights of last year’s competition below:
Official Webpages – game.raceroom.com – sector3studios.com