Sector 3 Studios has deployed a new update (Client v0.9.2.23) for RaceRoom Racing Experience.
The 1.2 GB features a good number of fixes and improvement including race results fixes, website HTTPS conversion, updated penalties, physics enhancements and more.
Check out the changelog for more details.
Developer Note: Sector 3 Studios has reported that at the end of a session if a player left the server during the session, a dedicated server crash occurs. This crash is currently being investigated.
Until this issue is patched, Sector 3 Studios encourages leagues and communities to inform their players to not jump on and off the servers. The RaceRoom ranked servers have been taken offline until a fix is deployed.
Credit: Included screenshot by FeltHλt
game.raceroom.com – sector3studios.com
Download size = 1.2 GB
Client version = 0.9.2.23
Client BuildID = 6138034
Dedi version = 71.0.1244
Dedi BuildID = 6140042
- game.raceroom.com is now switched to HTTPS
- Pitlane speed limit tolerance has been adjusted when the limiter is enabled.
- The slowdown penalty multiplier from repeated cuts is now correctly displayed on the HUD notification.
- Tweaks to slowdown penalty logic where the player’s best valid lap in the session is now used as a reference to estimate the time gained and the time being given up. If no valid lap exists yet, we then use the AI’s predicted speed just like before.
- It means the time the player gives up will be more accurately calculated and that the best place to give that time back is no longer in turns, which should improve safety as well. A good tip is also to avoid slowing down near pitlane entrances and exits as slowdown penalties are frozen while in pitlane.
- Prevented enabling pit limiter or engine ignition during an AI-controlled rolling start.
- Fixed the default set of driving assists being selected at the first game launch.
- Fixed an issue where the player could sometime get stuck when leaving a server early (i.e. before results were made official)
- Fixed dedicated server results having wrong final positions for players suffering early disconnects
- Fixed dedicated server UI issues with certain long track names as well as lap and duration selector that could sometimes reset the race length value.
- Fixed dedicated server that could sometimes get stuck if no player finished the race
- Fixed the flickering of contact shadows (under the cars) for VR and Triple Screen rendering.
- Fixed some issues with spectator mode on servers with rolling start races and lap-based races
- Fixed issues with a rolling start when Assisted Braking was enabled.
- Fixed some gearbox grind noises that could sometimes be heard during an AI-controlled rolling start
- Physics – Audi R8 LMS GT3 EVO – Adjusted idle revs to prevent occasional stalling
- Physics – BMW M4 GT4 – Increased rear suspension travel by 10mm, dampers tuned for better handling over bumps
- Physics – BOP – BMW M6 GT3 – slight reduction of torque
- Physics – Callaway Corvette C7 GT3 R – Improved engine cooling
- Physics – Fabcar 935 – Fixed some issues with the differential where the preload could be set very high.
- Physics – GT2’s – Improved automated gearbox behavior
- Physics – P1 and P2’s – Added default gearbox ratios for Daytona, some AI behavior tweaks.
- Physics – Porsche 964 Carrera Cup – Improved standing start performance through a clutch adjustment
- Physics – Volkswagen Scirocco – Adjusted the rear tyres wear rate.
- Physics – WTCC – Added adjustable engine braking
- Physics – WTCR – Improvements to the initial grip of fresh tyres and help reduce the tyre pressure increase over longer stints. The optimum grip is now reached at 80 Celcius. Default tyre pressures were adjusted to match.
- Tracks – Dubai – Fixed harsh cut detections, moved the leaderboard spawn location closer to the racing line.
- Tracks – Hockenheim – Moved the leaderboard spawn location further back
- Tracks – Imola – Moved the pitlane entry gate entrance
- Tracks – Portimao – Fixed harsh cut detections
- Tracks – Scandinavian Raceway (Anderstorp) – AI behavior tweaks to South layout
- Tracks – Sepang – Fixed harsh cut detections (note: Sepang North layout appears to crash on load, this is being investigated)
- Tracks – Suzuka – Fixed west layout pitlane that triggered invalid laps.