Full Race Baltimore Grand Prix broadcast of the American Le Mans Series sports car racing at the Baltimore Street Course.
Lucas Luhr and Klaus Graf won the ALMS Grand Prix of Baltimore. The race started with a massive pileup which took out several cars. After a lengthy red flag to remove the wreckage, the race restarted the field only made it to turn four before more collisions caused a full-course caution.
Marino Franchitti and new team mate Guy Cosmo took the win for the fourth time in P2. The victory gave Franchitti the P2 championship points lead.
Jan Magnussen went from third to first to take the GT lead shortly after the final restart. He stayed in front of teammate Tommy Milner making it a 1-2 finish for the Corvette Racing Team.
Tristan Nunez also went from third to first in the closing minutes to win in the PC class, while Dion von Moltke won in the GTC class.
The American Le Mans Series presented by Tequila Patrón (ALMS) is a sports car racing series based in the United States and Canada. It consists of a series of endurance and sprint races, and was created in the spirit of the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Teams compete in one of five current classes: P1, P2 & PC Le Mans Prototypes, and GT(E) & GTC Grand Touring cars. Race lengths vary from 2 hours to 12 hours.
[EXPAND Click for Results ]
Baltimore Grand Prix Results:
- 1. (1) Klaus Graf/Lucas Luhr (6-P1), HPD ARX-03c, 41 laps
- 2. (2) Chris Dyson/Guy Smith (16-P1), Lola B12-60 Mazda, 41
- 3. (7) Guy Cosmo/Marino Franchitti/Scott Tucker (552-P2), HPD ARX-03b, 41
- 4. (5) Scott Sharp/Anthony Lazzaro (01-P2), HPD ARX-03b, 41
- 5. (15) Antonio Garcia/Jan Magnussen (3-GT), Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1, 41
- 6. (13) Oliver Gavin/Tommy Milner (4-GT), Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1, 41
- 7. (12) Joey Hand/Dirk Mueller (56-GT), BMW Z4 GTE, 41
- 8. (11) Bill Auberlen/Maxime Martin (55-GT), BMW Z4 GTE, 41
- 9. (17) Marc Goossens/Dominik Farnbacher (91-GT), SRT Viper GTS-R Viper, 41
- 10. (22) Charlie Shears/Tristan Nunez (18-PC), ORECA FLM09, 41
- 11. (20) Kuno Wittmer/Jonathan Bomarito (93-GT), SRT Viper GTS-R Viper, 41
- 12. (9) Jonathan Bennett/Colin Braun (05-PC), ORECA FLM09, 40
- 13. (30) Seth Neiman/Dion von Moltke (44-GTC), Porsche 911 GT3 Cup, 39
- 14. (23) Cooper MacNeil/Jeroen Bleekemolen (22-GTC), Porsche 911 GT3 Cup, 39
- 15. (29) Mike Hedlund/Jan Heylen (11-GTC), Porsche 911 GT3 Cup, 39
- 16. (31) Patrick Dempsey/Andy Lally (27-GTC), Porsche 911 GT3 Cup, 39
- 17. (25) Henrique Cisneros/Sean Edwards (30-GTC), Porsche 911 GT3 Cup, 39
- 18. (32) Marc Bunting/Norbert Siedler (67-GTC), Porsche 911 GT3 Cup, 39
- 19. (6) Mike Guasch/Dane Cameron (52-PC), ORECA FLM09, 38
- 20. (21) Bill Sweedler/Townsend Bell (23-GT), Ferrari F458 Italia, 38
- 21. (24) Nelson Canache Jr./Spencer Pumpelly (45-GTC), Porsche 911 GT3, 36
- 22. (10) Alex Popow/Bruno Junqueira (9-PC), ORECA FLM09, 27
- 23. (28) Al Carter/Kevin Estre (68-GTC), Porsche 911 GT3 Cup, 26
- 24. (4) Ed Brown/Johannes van Overbeek (02-P2), HPD ARX-03b, 15
- 25. (26) Ben Keating/Damien Faulkner (66-GTC), Porsche 911 GT3 Cup, 14
- 26. (8) Chris Cumming/Kyle Marcelli (8-PC), ORECA FLM09, 3
- 27. (14) Tom Kimber-Smith/Patrick Long (06-GT), Porsche 911 GT3 RSR, 0
- 28. (16) Wolf Henzler/Bryan Sellers (17-GT), Porsche 911 GT3 RSR, 0
- 29. (19) Bryce Miller/Marco Holzer (48-GT), Porsche 911 GT3 RSR, 0
- 30. (3) Scott Tucker/Ryan Briscoe (551-P2), HPD ARX-03b, 0
- 31. (18) Olivier Beretta/Matteo Malucelli (62-GT), Ferrari F458 Italia, 0
|Official Webpage – http://www.alms.com/