NACON and French video game developer Kylotonn / KT Racing deployed the January 2022 update for WRC 10, the official game of the FIA World Rally Championship.
The update is available for all platforms. Check out the full changelog below.
This final major update for WRC 10 is introducing the Online Multiplayer Championship Mode, and the Teams Online mode in which players can compete against other Teams on special challenges each week.
In the Teams Online mode, you will take part in weekly events against other teams. With good performances and consistency, your team can win events and climb a global leaderboard.
Only a certain number of players (defined in the event), will have their points count toward the team’s score. The best scores will count toward the total. if you’re familiar with how the esports WRC Championship works (and how we count points for the Teams) this is extremely similar.
The eSports WRC Championship 2022 is back and will start next Friday, January 14 with the Rally Monte-Carlo. The Championship is open to all players owning a copy of WRC 10. You can learn more about the competition on the official esports WRC website.
January 2022 Update Changelog:
All Platforms (PC+Consoles):
Online Multiplayer Championship Mode
- The esports WRC Championship will be available from January to August 2022
NEW: Teams Online
- In the Teams Online Mode, a player can only join or create a Team. To create a team you need to be at least Level 5.
- Each week, Teams are competing on a special challenge set up by the game
- Only a certain number of players from each Teams score points for the challenge, the number of players is set up in the challenge
- At the end of each week, points are distributed to the Teams according to the ranking of their legitimate leaderboard players
- Each seasons are 4 weeks long (and therefore are made of 4 challenges)
- The reference timing has been revised to make the events more accessible
- Custom liveries from other players are now visible in Spectator Mode
- Logos from certain esports Team of the 2021 esports WRC Championship have been added in the Livery Editor (esports section
- Fixed an issue in all rallies as some cars were sometimes not aligned with the starting line
- Fixed several Localization issues
Controllers & Peripherals
- Fixed icons and prompts on the Thrustmaster T80
- The Haptic Feedback from the DualSense PS5 controller is now supported on PC*Note: The Adaptive Triggers are not supported
- Fixed the position of the Ford Fiesta 2017’s exhaust flame
- Fixed a missing texture on the door of several cars
Xbox Series Only:
- Fixed Localization issues in Online Lobby
Xbox Series, Xbox One & PlayStation 4 Only:
- Fixed an issue when completing a season in Career mode
PlayStation 5 Only:
- Fixed a crash when joining a co-driver lobby
PlayStation consoles Only:
- Fixed loading issues after creating a full Multiplayer Lobby
- Fixed an issue after deploying a PS4 build on PS5
- Added Hori steering wheel support for PS4 and PS5
Official Webpages – wrcthegame.com – www.kylotonn.com