Assetto Corsa Competizione – Hotfix v0.2.1 Available
Last week, Kunos Simulazioni released the second part of their Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulator Early Access version. Besides adding brand new content, the update also introduced the initial and rather basic implementation of VR support.
Now Kunos Simulazioni continues to improve the racing simulation with a new VR users dedicated hotfix for the Assetto Corsa Competizione early access version, featuring keyboard controls, fixed VR camera scaling (now 6DOF works properly) and some customization settings for your VR gaming experience.
You can edit your HUD and camera preferences in the vrsettings.json file. (default location – Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config/vrsettings.json)
ACC V0.2.1 Changelog
- Enabled basic keyboard controls for UI (up, down, left, right, enter, back, PgUp, PgDown)
- VR: Fixed wrong camera scaling that made 6DOF appear to not work correctly
- Added possibility to look left/right on current car and during replay (not only for the player car)
- Added possibility to center view in VR by holding look left or right or back (or cycle left or right in the UI) keys for 2 seconds
- Fixed HUD not updating electronics values after car setup
- Fixed filter on Car Selection page
- Fixed pitstop casually affecting the wrong car
- Fixed gamepad vibrating when paused
- Different loading mode for some sound assets
- Fixed ambient sounds not paused during slow motion / FFWD in replay
- Better timing for start/stop music
- Events polyphony optimization
- Tweaked sound distance attenuation for some events
- Fast Rolling start now defaults in every Realism preset
- Fixed slow AI in very wet condition due to the wrong detection of puddles
- Flames and Sparks are now not rendered in internal cameras in the focused car to avoid unwanted flashes
- Fixed offset values not refreshing when the camera is changed while in View Settings page
- Tweaked mandatory pitstop request timing
- Added minimum pit window length (5 mins)
- Fixed possible crashes after 30 minutes
Assetto Corsa Competizione is the Officially licensed Racing Simulator of the Blancpain GT Series by SRO. The game features the official drivers, teams, cars, and circuits of the worlds premier GT3 championship.
The ACC racing simulator is featuring an extraordinary level of simulation quality that allows players to experience the unique atmosphere of this GT3 Series, players can compete against official drivers, teams, cars, and circuits with the highest level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Taking full advantage of Unreal Engine 4, Assetto Corsa Competizione will ensure the highest quality rendering with photorealistic weather conditions and graphics to reach a new standard in driving realism and immersion racing. Players will experience high-speed torque as they get behind the wheel of luxurious speedsters including Ferrari’s, Lamborghini’s, McLaren’s and many other prestigious GT cars reproduced with an outstanding level of detail. Motion capture technology is used to create the animations of mechanics and drivers in an even more realistic fashion and guarantees a high level of player engagement during races, pit stops, and driver changes.
In the final version of the game, players can expect advanced multiplayer functionality with Assetto Corsa Competizione, including a ranking system which will evaluate individual performance and driving behavior to reward the most virtuous drivers and promote fair play in online competitions.
Official Webpages – www.assettocorsa.net/competizione