Aston Martin Unveiled The AMR-C01 Racing Simulator
The ongoing pandemic has resulted in major growth and visibility for sim racing eSports events and with it, a growing market for dedicated sim racing hardware and software.
This sim racing boom did not go unnoticed as many well-known companies and brands in the automotive and motorsport industry have now embraced the marketing and commercial opportunities that come with it. This has resulted in a big number of new official eSports championships, dedicated hardware, and the needed software licenses.
Now also British independent car manufacturer Aston Martin ventured into the world of luxury racing simulators introducing the AMR-C01 Sim Racing cockpit. To ensure a fully immersive driving experience for the home user, Aston Marting partnered with Curv Racing Simulators.
Curv Racing Simulators is founded by British Double Le Mans-winning Aston Martin factory driver, Darren Turner, who is also the owner of the famed Base Performance Simulators company in Banbury, UK.
The luxury simulator chassis is built around an Aston Marting designed carbon-fiber monocoque and carbon fiber race seat, and is equipped with a range of high-end sim racing peripherals. The chassis is available is a selection of colors, while the carbon seat is available with Alcantara, or leather finishes.
But before you get excited, be aware that beauty and classy brands come at a price. This simulator will roughly cost the same as a spanking new BMW M3 or M4. So if you are rich and decadent… here’s your chance.
The AMR-C01 is available starting from £57,500, / €62.281, / US$ 73,876, excluding shipping costs, taxes, customs, and excise charges. Available units will be limited to a production run of 150 units.
Aston Martin Chief Creative Officer, Marek Reichman said: This was a challenge for the design team as, although the simulator isn’t a car, it is inspired by our racing cars. It needed to exude the same elegance, boasting the same dynamic lines and balance of proportions as any Aston Martin with a racing lineage. I can picture the AMR-C01 in the most beautiful of residences as a sculptural work of art in its own right.
Curv Founder & Aston Martin Racing Driver, Darren Turner says: The AMR-C01 is all about the love of racing. We’ve created a home simulator with incredible immersion that offers users the opportunity to have a great time racing in the virtual world, from the comfort of their own home. Our goal was to create a simulator that provided as much enjoyment in virtual reality as real racing does. Racing cars is a lot of fun and it is great to see that with the growth of Esports racing, more people are now getting involved.
- Full Carbon fiber monocoque.
- Aston Martin racing grille front.
- Carbon fiber race seat with customizable trim, mirroring the seating position of the Aston Martin Valkyrie
- Super ultra-wide gaming QHD 32:9 aspect ratio monitor, with the lowest possible latency, and high refresh rate for smooth visuals.
- Gold standard high-end Direct Drive wheelbase offering exceptionally high torque response and precise feedback.
- State-of-the-art Formula style steering wheel with paddle shift and clutch. The wheel boasts 9 rotary dials and 12 push buttons, putting the user in total control of set up on every lap. With a full-color LCD display, the wheel has dual-clutch paddles with an adjustable bite point, to sit alongside carbon fiber gear shifter paddles.
- Electronically-controlled sliding pedal box with 200mm of travel, electric actuator, carbon fiber enclosure, with all mechanics hidden away in a clean, dust-free environment.
- Internal speakers and Sennheiser headset.
- AMR-C01 is supplied with Assetto Corsa as standard. Users are able to run the simulator on various other platforms, including iRacing and rFactor2.
- High-Spec PC system including an Intel i7 CPU and Nvidia GTX 2080 GPU.
- Height – 1050mm
- Body Width – 725mm
- Screen Width – 1985mm
- Length – 1195mm
Official Webpage – www.curvrs.com