Reiza Studios has released the V1.5 Update for the Automobilista 2 racing simulator.
Besides a number of fixes and improvements, this new update is bringing a major overhaul to the physics of all cars in AMS2. Furthermore, this release is introducing Part 1 of the Adrenaline Pack DLC bringing Dirt and Rallycross racing to Automobilista 2. A Part 2 of the Adrenaline Pack is already in production. Owners of the AMS2 2020-2022 Season Pass and of the AMS2 Premium Expansion Packs will receive both parts at no additional charge. Reiza Studios will share more info regarding the contents of Part 2 soon.
- Physics overhaul: The physics overhaul in V1.5 is based on the tire findings that Reiza Studios commented on in the April Dev Update. These findings led to a number of changes to the way that tires interact with the road surface, which has resulted in a more realistic and enjoyable driving experience.
- Improved AI behavior: The AI behavior in V1.5 has been improved in a number of ways. The AI cars are now more aggressive and challenging to race against, and they are also better at following the racing line.
- Visible Safety Car: The Visible Safety Car is a new feature that was added in V1.5. This feature allows for a more realistic and immersive racing experience, as it allows players to see the Safety Car on track and to react accordingly.
- Improvements to tracks: A number of tracks have been improved in V1.5 to allow for larger starter fields. This means that players can now race with more cars on the track, which can lead to more exciting and challenging races.
- Optimizations to multiplayer: A number of optimizations have been made to multiplayer in V1.5, which should reduce connection issues and improve the overall multiplayer experience.
- Adrenaline DLC: The Adrenaline DLC is a new DLC that was released alongside V1.5. This DLC includes two rallycross cars, the Mitsubishi Lancer X and the Volkswagen Polo RX, as well as two rallycross tracks.
- Bug fixes and other improvements: A number of bug fixes and other improvements have also been made in V1.5. These improvements include fixes for some graphical issues, as well as improvements to the UI and the sound.
Important! Please note that while all classes except karts have gotten their v1.5 physics revisions in this update, they will remain subject to further minor adjustments until the next update a few weeks from now. Only then will the v1.5 physics be locked down from further handling or performance-impacting changes until the next milestone update, at which time Time Trial boards will once again be reset.
Important! The above also applies to AI performance calibration, which remains subject to further fine-tuning until the next release.
Important! All car setups have been automatically reset as of this update to conform with the changes from v1.5 physics.
V18.104.22.168 -> V22.214.171.124 Changelog:
Adrenaline Pack Pt1:
- Added Ascurra Dirt Track (2 layouts)
- Added Tykki Dirt Track (4 layouts)
- Added Foz dirt track
- Added RX layouts of Barcelona, Hockenheimring, Nurburgring, Spa-Francorchamps
- Added Rallycross class featuring Polo RX, Mini RX, Citroen RX & MIT Lancer X
- Added Formula Dirt class
- Added Kartcross class
Free base game content:
- Added P1 Gen2 class featuring Metalmoro AJR Gen 2, Sigma P1 G5 & Ginetta G58
- Updated Stock Car Corolla 2023
- Added session auto-advance functionality for multiplayer sessions
- Minor adjustments to the net code
- Mod Support: Added ability to define a mod and provide mod specific vehiclelist.lst and driveline.rg files. See ‘UserData/Mods/README.txt’ for details and examples
- Adjusted damage scalars for all settings for slightly overall less sensitive damage
- Added Spotter as a Gameplay option
- Fixed FFB wheel pulling on engine off
- Grid size for all track layouts bumped to accommodate at least 26 cars (except for kart and dirt tracks)
- Revised pit stop properties for F-Junior, F-Vintages, F-Retros, F-Classics, F-V12, F-V10, F-Reiza, F-Ultimates, F-USAs, F-3, F-Inter, F-Junior, F-Trainer, Group A, Group C, GT1, Stock Car Brasil 1999-2023, P1-P4, Sprint Race, Montana, GT5, Ginetta G40 Cup, Copa Truck, Street Cars, Hyper Cars, Supercars DPi, GTE, GT3, GT4, Ginetta G55 Supercup, Porsche Cup, Super V8, F-Vee
- Adjusted LiveTrack Grip Range (lower “green” baseline grip, slightly lower grip for Light, Medium Rubber presets, Heavy Rubber grip preserved)
- Rubber now loses grip with water saturation (racing line should be avoided in wet weather as a result)
- Curbs are now more slippery when wet
- Fixed excess tire wear/heating on grass, gravel, and wet surfaces
- Added Halo Transparency option for F-Ultimate Gen1 & 2 to Display menu
- Fixed visual wheel camber in replays
- Added visible Safety Car during Full Course Yellows
- Vehicles from human opponents are now colliding during Multiplayer full-course yellow
- Fixed an exploit in Time Trial where illegal pit areas would be used for cutting track.
UI & HUD
- Updated main menu panel arts
- Added ‘Off-road’ track selection filter to Grade selection
- Added Rallycross race weekend preset for RX, F-Dirt & Kart Cross
- Added P1-4 classes to the Brazilian Series vehicle selection filter
- Removed mandatory pit stop from F-Ultimate Gen2 preset
- Reduced pit limit from 160 km/h to 130 km/h in F-USA Historic preset to align with 2000 regs instead of 1995/98
- Completed physics revisions for all classes except the karts (125cc & 4-stroke)
- Adjusted tire flat-spotting physics (generally reducing changes of flat-spotting)
- Various adjustments to dirty air effects, correcting some interclass inconsistencies
- Adjusted undertray spring/damper/friction, fixing inconsistencies
- F-Junior: Restricted ride height range (min 4cm max 10cm)
- F-USA Gen2: Adjusted Swift 009C undertray points to fix performance issues; Fixed aero inconsistencies in SW model
- AI calibration pass for all revised classes
- Adjusted AI performance degradation with tire wear (Ai tire wear rates still under revision)
- Temporarily disabled effect of driver personality stamina and tire management skills´ influence on AI lap times while AI tire wear & performance degradation is in progress
- AI cars will now use the max available boost pressure setting instead of the default in qualifying laps
- Minor improvement to AI pit strategy during FCY
- Improved AI lines for Brands Hatch (both layouts), Spielberg GP, Spielberg Historic 1974, Nurburgring GP / Veedol layouts, Velopark, Cascais 1988, Interlagos, Montreal, Silverstone 1991, Silverstone 2001, Silverstone 2020, Spa-Francorchamps 2022
- Audio playback during fast-forwarding replays is now muted when doing high-speed forward seek in replay
- Fixed missing gravel runoff sound for some cars
- Smoothed rev-limiter sound cutting out when the engine bounces a lot on the limit
- Disabled audio for hidden environment animations (helicopters, drones) during test day & practice sessions
- Puddles and dirt sound effects are now panned left/right on track according to position
- Fixed Mercedes CLK GT1 & AMG GT3 missing attenuation on external gearshift samples.
- Chevrolet Corvette C8 Z06: adjusted interior engine sound
- Barcelona: Fixed various LOD pop issues in static and scene objects; Minor TSO optimization
- Indianapolis: Fixed some static object LOD issues near T3
- Spa Francorchamps 2022: Returned wandering marshal to his post at Paul Frere
- Nurburgring 1971 Sudschleife: Moved rolling start location 200m before Nordkehre
- Adjusted suspension animation for F-V10, F-V12, F-inter, Lotus 79, Caterhams (all models)
Camaro SS: Adjusted light glow textures, shadows & glass cracks
- McLaren Senna: Adjusted shadows (fixed missing rear wing)
- Copa Uno B: Adjusted shift warning light
- Brabham BT49: adjusted shift warning light
- Updated display for Porsche GT3-R, and Porsche Cup models (display alarms added)
- Added pit limiter display warning to GTE / GT3 models that feature them
- F Ultimate Gen1: Added ERS mode and pit limiter
- Nissan GT1: fixed mismatching livery
Automobilista 2 is currently available via Steam for €36,99. The Automobilista 2 + 2020-2021 Season Pass Bundle is available for €114,28.
Official Webpage – www.game-automobilista2.com