Reiza Studios has deployed a new major update for Automobilista 2 further improving on what is already a pretty fantastic racing simulator.
Automobilista 2 V184.108.40.206 is now live. What should have been a complimentary update has evolved into a major mid-month update. Besides a sizeable list of improvements and fixes, this AMS2 update also introduces the highly anticipated Brabham BT46B classic Formula 1 car that will join the F-Retro Gen2 Class.
Restart your Steam client to receive the update. Check out the changelog below for all the details.
Automobilista 2 is currently available via Steam for €36,99 The Automobilista 2 + 2020-2021 Season Pass Bundle is available for €114.28.
Official Webpage – www.game-automobilista2.com
- Added Brabham BT46B to F-Retro Gen2 Class
- Added new MAX AVAILABLE setting to Custom Event Opponents screen to limit the number of AI opponents according to the number of liveries in the selected car or class
- Excluded player livery from AI selection when enough liveries are available to not have duplicates
- Added support to disable pitstop refueling for series that don´t allow it
UI & HUD:
- Added extended vehicle information to loading screen
- Fixed selected state opacity on various start buttons
- Extended pause menu and added the full-size photo and replay buttons
- Added scrolling to long help texts in-vehicle setup screen.
- Fixed gear tacho gear indicator not changing color at redline.
- Merged/rearranged car info widget into a single element
- Adjusted colors/opacity of some car info elements to improve legibility.
- Fixed pit/formation speed limit and cooldown lap notice not enabled by default in some modes.
- Fixed oversized container on relative times widget.
- Fixed inability to enable relative times widget in light mode HUD editor.
- Restyled custom event session selection.
- Fixed menu/weather input registration on practice/qualifying session settings.
- Restyled HUD pit board
- Fixed start new championship list always displaying selected state
- Fixed help text alignment on session settings and custom event opponents pages
- Fixed Opponent Number Type option not persisting across opponents dialog launches.
- Enabled localization for loading screen tips
Physics & AI:
- Revised unsprung mass values (spindles & wheels) for all cars to correct minor discrepancies
- Minor tire tread adjustment to F-Retro, F-Vintage
- Disabled pitstop refueling in F-Reiza, F-Ultimate
- Adjusted default coast differential ramp angles in F-Retros / MRX / Camaro SS
- Minor F-Retro Gen1 / Gen 2 aero revisions
- Added longer final gear ratio for F-Retro cars (all models)
- Sigma P1: Increased default preload, increased default final gear ratio
- F-Classic: Increased minimum front ride height
- Porsche GT3-R: Reduced minimum rear ride height
- F-Retro: Revised suspension rates
- Reduced gearbox wear in sequential & semi-auto boxes
- Reduced 1970s Cosworth DFV RPM critical range for engine lifetime
- Added blown diffuser emulation to F-Reiza
- Adjusted front wing max height for F-Retros, F-V10 Gen1
- Adjusted critical RPM range for engine lifetime in GT1, GT3, GT4 cars
- GT5 AI calibration pass
- AI callibration pass for Ginetta G40 Cup, GT5, F-Retro Gen1, Gen2, Mini UK & Stock Car 2020 / 2021
- Minor adjustments to AI awareness vs player car
- Added initial logic for loading trackside crowd/objects according to session type (initial implementation covers only 2D crowd which now does not show in test day/practice sessions)
- Spielberg Historic: Increased supported grid size to 20; Fixed crowds season (summer to spring)
- Londrina (Long/Short): Update curb mapping to support new colors texture; Performance pass reduce draw calls 15%; Reworked sponsor adverts on temp stands
- Goiania: Performance pass reduced draw calls 40%
- Interlagos (GP/kart): Performance pass reduce draw calls 30%; New pit lane path for GP layout
- Jacarepagua Historic: Fixed broken normals on mountain treeline; Additional performance tweaks (draw call/chunk size); Fix podium LOD popping; deleted cones in the middle of the road in Oval layout; adjusted pitlane path exit to minimize chances of AI crashing
- Hockenheim Historics: Conforms render to reduced road noise; Performance pass reduced draw calls by 35%; Improved livegrass texture
- Imola 1988: Performance pass reduced draw calls by 28%; Fix a few minor object LOD popping;
- Added missing start lights
- Cascavel: Minor advert tweaks
- Added VR cams for Oulton Park, Goiania, Velocittá & Velopark
- Reduced or removed the chance of fog / foggy rain in random weather depending on track
- F-Classic: Fixed wheels offset in suspension animations; Added camber values to the suspension animation in G1M1, G2M1, G2M3
- F-Reiza: Added camber values to the suspension animation
- F-Ultimate 2019: Added camber values to the suspension animation
- F3 F309: Fixed visual artifacts in rear suspension; Added camber values to the suspension animation; Adjusted the graphic offset
- Stock Car 2021: Updated Liveries for Julio Campos, Rafael Suzuki, Bruno Baptista
- Added period-accurate driver helmets, suits & gloves to F-Retros, F-Classics & F-V12 (WIP and still with generic textures, further customization soon to come)
- Corrected Lotus 79 RPM shift light range
- Fixed F-Reiza cockpit antenna
- Brabham BT44: Fixed the shift warning light
- Karts & Trucks: Corrected normal map size