Driver61 & James Baldwin – How Different Are Sim and Real-World Racing?
In the latest Driver61 video report, British racing driver and professional driver coach Scott Mansell teamed up with 2019 World’s Fastest Gamer, James Baldwin to find out how different Sim Racing and real-world racing are.
The duo tries to answer the following questions.
- How does the feeling compare?
- How VR and single screen affect driving
- Do wheels and pedals have the same feel?
- How does practice time affect performance?
- Is the physical aspect of the real-world that tough?
- Is sim racing more competitive?
- Do you feel the danger in the real-world?
- Is sim racing or real-world racing more difficult?
22-year-old British gamer James Baldwin who was a driver for Veloce Esports and the Alfa Romeo Racing F1 Esports team ended up winning the 12-day final on the west coast of the USA in October last year. James claimed the US$1M prize in the form of a Saison seat in the McLaren 720S GT3 of the Jenson Team Rocket RJN racing team founded by Bob Neville and 2009 F1 champion Jenson Button.
James has been preparing to race the RJN pro-am McLaren 720S GT3 alongside team co-owner Chris Buncombe in the 2020 GT World Challenge Europe Endurance Cup.
Official Webpage – driver61.com