EA Sports and Codemasters have deployed update V1.10 for F1 22, the official FIA Formula One World Championship racing game. The new patch contains a nice list of fixes and improvements further streamlining the racing title. Check out the full changelog below.
Also, after last month’s Portimao GP Circuit release, Codemasters and EA Sports added yet another Free track to the F1 22 track roster, in the form of the Chinese Shanghai International Circuit.
Furthermore, the new update features a limited-time Ferrari Special Edition livery, and a Zhou Guanyu featured weekly event to commemorate the Chinese Moon Festival.
Redwood City, Calif. – September 7, 2022 – Codemasters™ and Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) join Scuderia Ferrari’s Italian Grand Prix celebration with their latest free update* for EA SPORTS F1® 22, available for PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and PC. The special time-limited Giallo Modena items, including car livery, driver uniforms, pit crew uniforms, helmet and boots, launched today by Ferrari ahead of the FORMULA 1 PIRELLI GRAN PREMIO D’ITALIA 2022 will be available in-game free for all players on September 12 for a month. The update also includes the Shanghai International Circuit and a Zhou Guanyu featured weekly event to commemorate the Chinese Moon Festival.
The livery, originally designed to pay homage to the Monza, evokes Ferrari’s proud racing roots and passion and incorporates the new exclusive logo released earlier this year by the Prancing Horse Company.
“We are thrilled to accompany Ferrari during this special moment and bring this iconic new image they developed to F1® 22,” said Paul Jeal, F1® Senior Franchise Director at Codemasters. “Our studio prides itself on creating authentic racing experiences, and these touches reinforce how closely the game is embedded into the world of Formula 1.”
The update also includes further in-game enhancements such as the Shanghai International Circuit. The Chinese motorsport race track follows Portimao, which was added to the game last month.
To celebrate the Moon Festival, notorious in Chinese culture, players will also be able to take on a special challenge with a free featured weekly event titled “A Bright Start to F1.” Racers must steer Alfa Romeo driver Zhou Guanyu to his best-ever finish in Formula 1® by overtaking his childhood hero Fernando Alonso and team-mate Valtteri Bottas with six laps to go. From September 12 to 25, players who finish 7th or above in the FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX will unlock a customizable Kohaku Koi car livery. More information on the challenge can be found on F1® 22’s blog on Monday.
- China/Shanghai International Circuit has been added to Time Trial, Grand Prix, and Multiplayer modes
- Ferrari Special Edition liveries now added in-game for a limited time
- Improved AI racecraft logic and revised levels of aggression when attempting overtakes
- Fixed an issue where AI would drive excessively slowly and block the track on cooldown laps in qualifying
- Fixed an issue with inconsistent kerb impact behavior across varying frame rates on PC
- Improved AI racecraft behavior between turns 2 and 3 at Netherlands/Zandvoort
- Improved AI awareness and racecraft between Turn 9 and pit lane entry at Austria
- Fixed previously incorrect penalty logic on pitlane entry at France/Paul Ricard
- Fixed an issue where players can receive incorrect penalties at Turn 7 of Abu Dhabi/Yas Marina
- Flattened an incorrect bump in the track surface at Turn 3 at Azerbaijan/Baku
- Fixed an issue where, in some instances, host migration when loading into a cross-play social lobby can lead to split lobbies
- Fixed an issue where positions in Practice and Qualifying are calculated incorrectly beyond three decimal places
- Fixed an issue where sponsors would not show on the My Team car when watching highlights in Theatre mode
- Fixed an issue in Photo Mode where images can become pixelated when using shutter speed adjustment
- Fixed an issue where a hole is present at the base of the Halo Column when turned off on the Mercedes and the Player Car
- Corrected Max Verstappen’s car number in Social Play, LAN and Featured Event sessions
- Grand Prix – Fixed an issue where Sprint races may not appear when choosing Authentic in the 2022 World Championship weekend structure
- Fixed an issue where focus statistic was too low for all drivers in My Team
- Fixed an issue where rev lights were not working on Logitech wheelbases
- Fixed an issue where telemetry information was missing for race strategy and free practice sessions
- Fixed an issue where some current F1 22 driver numbers can be selected for use with a created driver
- Fixed an issue where ‘Custom Grid’ in Social Play did not alter players starting positions
- Fixed an issue where, in some instances, the game would crash for the player who first tries to load into created League event
- Resolved a graphical issue in menus when HDR is enabled
- UDP – Fixed an issue where pitch value is not working correctly on hills
- Revised messaging around the progression of second driver statistics in My Team
- UDP – Fixed an issue where medium Traction Control was not outputting in online sessions
- General Stability Improvements
- Various minor fixes
The latest edition of the official video game of the 2022 FIA Formula One World Championship, now named F1 22 is available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC via the EA App, Origin, Steam, and Epic Store.
Official Website – www.formula1-game.com