Fanatec Clubsport Magnetic Paddle Module Review By The SRG
Barry Rowland of the Sim Racing Garage reviews the Fanatec Clubsport Magnetic Paddle Module add-on set for the ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2, F1 20xx, F1 PS4, Universal Hub for Xbox One, and Podium Hub.
The Clubsport Magnetic Paddle Module package is available via the Fanatec Web-Store for €99.95 incl VAT / $99.95 + shipping.
CNC machined aluminum cage and 3 mm-thick carbon fiber paddle plates combine with magnetic shifters to deliver an authentic mechanism at the highest quality.
New generation wheel upgrade
The ClubSport Magnetic Paddle Module uses the same connection as the Podium Advanced Paddle Module, so it is compatible with the ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 20xx, ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2, Podium Hub, and ClubSport Universal Hub for Xbox One.
Paddle operation uses strong magnets rather than springs, just like in the most advanced race cars. Automotive-grade switches combined with the magnet system results in higher durability. The strong magnetic resistance generates a solid, positive feel to every shift and allows for rapid shifting.
Unlike many other magnetic solutions on the market, we aimed for a household-friendly operation, with the padded shifter arms avoiding any harshness from metal-on-metal contact, resulting in significantly reduced ‘click’ noise.
Suits a wide variety of wheel sizes
Formula-style and GT-style paddles are included, along with extension plates for larger diameter wheels. Additional spacers are also included to adjust the distance to the wheel rim.
- Compatible with ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 20xx (including ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® PS4™), and Formula V2
- Upgrades your ClubSport Universal Hub for Xbox One
- Compatible with the Podium Hub
- Automotive-grade quality
- Paddle Plates made of real carbon fiber, 3 mm thick
- Cage made of CNC machined aluminum
- Two sets of paddle plates for small and large steering wheels
- Paddle Plate Spacers to adjust to different steering wheel diameters
- Additional spacers to adjust the distance of shifter paddles to the wheel rim
- Connects via the 6-pin-connecter (like the Podium Advanced Paddle Module)
Magnetic Paddles Features:
- Strong magnets are used instead of steel springs just like in real race cars
- Sensational, solid “click” feeling
- Allows rapid shifting
- No spring means higher durability
- Tested to one million cycles
- ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2
- ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 20xx
- ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® PS4™ (from Podium Racing Wheel F1)
- ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub for Xbox One
- Podium Hub
Not compatible with:
- ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula Black / Carbon / F1® Esports
- ClubSport Steering Wheel BMW M3 GT2
- ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub (discontinued version)
- ClubSport Steering Wheel Porsche 918 RSR
- CSL Steering Wheel P1 for Xbox One
- CSL Elite Steering Wheel P1 for Xbox One
- CSL Elite Steering Wheel P1 for PS4™ (from CSL Elite Racing Wheel)
- CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3
- 2x MPM module
- 2x Formula-style shifter paddle 3mm carbon (16-17 layers)
- 2x GT-style shifter paddle 3mm carbon (16-17 layers)
- 2x Paddle Plate Spacer
- 4x M5x12 bolts
- 4x M3x12 bolts
- 4x M3x7 bolts
- 4x Paddle Spacer
- 1x 4 mm Allen Key
- 1x 2 mm Allen Key
- 1x Quick Guide
Official Webpage – www.fanatec.com