Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 Review By The SRG
Barry Rowland of the Sim Racing Garage reviews the Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2. As usual, Barry takes the product through the very detailed Sim Racing Garage review process.
This Formula-style wheel is officially licensed for Xbox One and Windows 10. The Microsoft security chip inside the wheel means you can attach this product to any of the current Fanatec wheelbases and enjoy full Xbox One compatibility. The wheel will replace the Formula Carbon and will co-exist with the F1 Esports wheel which will replace the Formula Black.
The ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 (Model: CS SWFORM V2X) is available for pre-order at a cost of 349.95€ Incl. 19% VAT + shipping. ($350 + shipping) The pre-orders are expected to ship on May 17th, 2019.
The new and improved Formula V2 rim is constructed using Carbon fiber and metal parts and is packed with some innovative new features and improved compatibility. The 5mm thick, solid carbon fiber front plate is equipped with 11 Push Buttons, 2 rocker switches, 2 multi-position (12-way) switches which can also be used as rotary encoders, an Analog joystick, a 7-way FunkySwitch to change settings: and 2 thumb encoders. Furthermore, the rim features an OLED display and RevLEDs with nine multi-color LEDs which can show motor RPM and optimal shifting point, and the two flag LED bars (FlagLEDs). The three multi-color LEDs can indicate tyre slip, fuel level, or incoming radio.
Out of the box, the ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 is fitted with a pair of standard metal, adjustable paddles, but can also be upgraded with the Podium Advanced Paddle Module which adds a dual clutch paddle system and two pairs of magnetic paddles with real carbon fiber plates.
For more info, check out the detailed feature list below.
- Formula style steering wheel. The compact diameter of 27cm allows fast movements and reactions
- Officially licensed for Xbox One and Windows 10
- Durable construction made of metal and carbon fiber
- 5 mm solid carbon fiber front plate
- Grips made of genuine Italian made Alcantara®. This material is easy to clean and provides a sensational grip
Steering wheel weight without PODIUM Advanced Paddle Module approx. 1245 g (subject to production changes). With PODIUM Advanced Paddle Module: approx. 1375 g.
- 11 Buttons plus two paddle shifter buttons with ultra-reliable switches
- Two rocker switches
- Two 12-way multi-position switches which can also be used as rotary encoders
- Analog joystick to look around in the cockpit or to map with any other axis
- 7-way FunkySwitch™ to change settings: Turn left; turn right; move left, right, up and down; push (active in Tuning Menu and compatible with any PC game)
- Two thumb encoders easily reachable while driving without releasing the grips
- Two vibration motors integrated with the grips, controllable through wheel Tuning Menu (SHO) or by game through Fanatec SDK
- Revolution LED bar (RevLEDs) with nine multi-color LEDs to show motor RPM and optimal shifting point as games program through the Fanatec SDK
- Two flag LED bars (FlagLEDs) with three multi-color LEDs each to indicate tyre slip, fuel level, incoming radio as games program through the Fanatec SDK
- White Xbox One connection status LED
- 1″ 128×64 OLED display to show telemetry data like speed or gear as games program through the Fanatec SDK
- Tuning functions with OLED display to adjust settings independent from the game and during gameplay (see the description of compatible wheelbase/racing wheel for details)
- Adjustable and detachable paddle shifters completely made of metal. Adjust angle, distance to rim and travel of the paddles
- Shifter paddles are easily upgradable to PODIUM Advanced Paddle Module (optional)
- Detachable Xbox One button caps
- Racing style button caps included
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
- CSL Elite Wheel Base
- CSL Elite Wheel Base + – officially licensed for PS4™
- CSL Elite Racing Wheel – officially licensed for PS4™
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD1
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD2
- PODIUM Racing Wheel F1® PS4™
- This steering wheel is not compatible with the ClubSport Wheelbases V1 and V1.5 for electronic reasons.
- Xbox One: If connected with this steering wheel, the above-mentioned wheelbases will be Xbox One compatible.
PC and other Platforms: The specifications of the compatible wheelbases will remain unchanged.
- ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2
- Racing-Style Button Caps
- Quick Guide
- Safety pin for long storage
- Safety screw for a permanent mount on the wheelbase
Official Webpage – www.fanatec.com