German Sim Racing peripheral manufacturer Fanatec, shared a new video series explaining all the ins and outs of the Fanatec CSL DD Wheelbase.
The Fanatec CSL DD houses a brand-new, purpose build sim racing motor, developed in Germany, featuring the patented FluxBarrier™ technology achieving remarkable efficiency for its size. The motor delivers a peak torque of 5 Nm. However, Fanatec will also retail an optional Boost Kit 180, including a larger power supply unlocking 8 Nm of torque.
Furthermore, the CSL DD features an improved, automotive-grade, all-aluminium exchangeable quick-release unit that is ready for the transition to the soon-to-be-revealed new QR2 system. Also, Fanatec is working on some more DD wheels, including models that will be PS5 licensed, bringing the CSL DD to the console market.
The Fanatec CSL DD will is available on pre-order for 349,95€ (incl. VAT) / 349,95$ (excl. VAT) + shipping. The current orders are expected to ship on November 12, 2021.
Official Webpages – www.fanatec.com
- Direct-Drive system delivers instant, detailed force feedback
- Linear, consistent performance (5 Nm peak torque with standard power supply)
- Patented, exclusive FluxBarrier™ technology optimizes motor efficiency and smoothness
- Full Fanatec SDK support ensures game compatibility out of the box for all major racing games
- Standard Tuning Menu allows beginners to get started quickly without having to worry about settings
- Advanced Tuning Menu allows enthusiasts to fine-tune the force feedback characteristics to suit their driving preferences
- High-resolution (contactless) Hall-position-sensor, same as Podium Series
- Steering axis made from carbon fiber-enhanced composite
- Fanless – wheelbase housing is made from aluminum (passive heat sink, core structural component) with composite end caps
- Wireless-QR technology (slip ring system, life-tested 24/7 for thousands of hours) means no mechanical rotation limiter, provides cable-free delivery of power and data to steering wheels
- Automotive-grade quick release, exchangeable
- T-nut rail system on sides and bottom for easily adjustable hard-mounting
The efficiency of the CSL DD motor technology means dynamic force-feedback performance is contained in a small footprint. This is also the first industrial motor to feature a carbon fibre composite motor shaft, which increases responsiveness and acceleration significantly due to low rotational masses.
Up to 8 Nm of torque
Standard peak torque is 5 Nm, with the Boost Kit 180 (optional) unlocking the full 8 Nm. This high level of torque can be sustained without the need for active cooling, with the extruded and CNC-machined aluminium casing acting as the structural chassis as well as the heatsink.
Upgradable quick release
The CSL DD uses an automotive-grade, all-aluminium quick release. This component is user-exchangeable, ready for the transition to the all-new QR2 system (coming soon).
Automotive-grade quick release system
The all-aluminum construction and anodized surface ensure strength and durability, providing a robust connection to Fanatec Steering Wheels.
Ready for the future
Connected internally to the wheelbase via USB-C, the quick release can be upgraded easily to the next-generation QR2 system (coming soon). Existing Fanatec wheels with an exchangeable Quick Release can also be upgraded to QR2.
Temporary mounting possible with optional table clamp (not included).