Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 – Now Available in North America
Back in June, Fanatec announced the new CSL Elite Racing Wheel which is officially licensed for the PlayStation PS4. However, at the time the new wheel for the PS4 was only available in Europe and Australia.
Today Fanatec is proud to announce that the CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4 is finally available in North America.
As an officially licensed racing wheel, The CSL Elite will be used as a reference during PS4 game development. The license ensures the peripheral is fully tested and is supported in the menu of the PS4 system. However, being marketed as a dedicated PlayStation peripheral, this new wheel is also compatible with the PC and Xbox One. (Depending on the attached steering wheel)
The CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4 is available for pre-order at the Fanatec Web Store for $479.95. Fanatec can also provide you with a CSL Elite Starter Kit including the CSL Elite Pedals for $499.95. The first units are scheduled to be shipped on September 27.
CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4 Features:
- Ultra-strong brushless servo motor which delivers up to 6Nm of torque on the steering axis
- Single belt drive unit with ultra-low lag and cogging, and big ball bearings for lowest friction
- DirectSensor™ on the steering axis to prevent influence of the belt drive on the position sensor
- Very fast steering wheel acceleration – ideal for drifting
- 1080° of rotation which can be adjusted in the tuning menu of the attached steering wheel
- Integrated rev light bar in the wheelbase
- Choose from a growing selection of very realistic steering wheels in many different styles
- Quick Release system to allow for the easy exchange of steering wheels within seconds, also during gameplay
- Supports vibration motors in the steering wheel (depending on the steering wheel model). The included steering wheel does not come with vibration motors.
- Table clamp included. Thickness range of the table board/desktop that the table clamp is able to lock to is 1,0 to 6,0 cm
- Firmware can be updated with new features
- Motor driver firmware can also be updated
- Fast 1000 Hz USB update rate
- Allows connection of two external shifters (e.g. H-pattern and sequential) in parallel
- Mount for ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles and other optional accessories
- Connection ports for peripheral devices: USB, Power, Pedals, Shifter 1, Shifter 2, Handbrake
- Steering wheel with realistic size (Ø 30cm/11.81 inches)
- Very low steering wheel weighing only 970g for fast acceleration and fidelity
- RevStripe™ in wheel rim, which is a combined center-stripe and a rev-meter, using a multicolor LED
- Three digits LED display smoothly integrated to wheel rim below the RevStripe™, featuring telemetry data like speed or gears to be displayed by compatible games or third-party software
- Wheel rim with perforated genuine leather, suede fabric, and cross-stitched seam
- Completely redesigned, durable shifter paddles with intensive Snapdome™ click feeling
- Brushed aluminum spokes with fiber enforced back cover
- Features the iconic PlayStation® and action buttons, interchangeable with the included racing style buttons
- Tuning functions* with LED display of the steering wheel to adjust settings independent from the game and during gameplay
- Saves up to 5 wheel set-ups
- Adjust sensitivity independent from the game. Turning angle can be adjusted in the wheel from 90° to 1080°
- Adjust force feedback strength during gameplay
- Adjustment for vibration intensity in the steering wheel (depending on the steering wheel model). The vibration motors can be used by a game directly or by the ABS function
- Simulate ABS vibration in the steering wheel (depending on the steering wheel model) and on pedals with rumble motor like the ClubSport Pedals V3
- Advanced Drift Mode can add a natural damper to avoid oscillation or a negative damper which will speed up the wheel.
- Customize the force feedback sensations by changing the spring, force effects and dampening forces
- Adjust the brake force sensitivity of compatible loadcell pedals like the ClubSport Pedals V3 or the CSL Elite Pedals LC
- * Tuning functions are subject to change.
- Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake (direct connection to wheelbase)
- All Fanatec ClubSport steering wheels
- All Fanatec CSL and CSL Elite steering wheels
- All Fanatec ClubSport, CSR, CSR Elite, CSL and CSL Elite Pedals (adapter cables might be required on pedals without RJ12 connection)
- All Fanatec CSL and ClubSport Shifters (two shifters simultaneously)
- Fanatec ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles
- Mounting on cockpits and wheelstand’s: 3 hard-mount points on the bottom of the wheelbase. Please refer to the drilling template in the download section for the hole pattern and distances. The hole pattern is identical with the ClubSport Wheel Bases without the angle adapter (3 hard-mount holes). Please take note that the CSL Elite Wheel Base (PS4™ version) hole pattern is NOT compatible with the discontinued CSL Seat.
- Please note: Compatibilities to all peripherals are tested by Fanatec, but not tested nor endorsed by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
- PlayStation® systems: All PlayStation®4 and PlayStation® Pro systems. PS4™ games which support the wheels advanced functionality include Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, and DiRT 4. All upcoming advanced driving simulator games with the support of force feedback racing wheels will be compatible. For a complete list of compatible games please visit this site.
- PC: This racing wheel is compatible with PC on all major racing games.
- Other platforms: Compatibilities to other platforms depending on the used steering wheel. For more information, please check the product page of the steering wheel you plan to use.
- Please note: PC and other platform compatibilities are tested by Fanatec, but not tested nor endorsed by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
- IMPORTANT: Before use, please connect the product to a PC, download the latest driver and then update the firmware of the wheel. This assures latest compatibilities and newest features.
- This racing wheel contains a wheelbase and a steering wheel that are not available for sale separately. This product comes as a set, please note self-assembly is required.
- Pedals not included. Please use the product configurator to configure your system.
- Table clamp included. You can also mount it with screws to a cockpit or wheel stand (see drilling template in download section).
- No hard-mount screws included. Please read the manual for information about qualified screws.
- To connect discontinued Fanatec Pedals with PS/2 Socket like CSP V1/V2 or CSR, you need the additional PS/2 to RJ12 cable
- Size (L x W x H) : 45.00cm x 39.00cm x 39.00cm
- Weight: 9.50kg
- Volume weight: 16.85kg
- CSL Elite Wheel Base (PS4™ version)
- CSL Elite Steering Wheel P1 (PS4™ version)
- Table clamp
- Table clamp screw with handle
- Power supply unit (cable length: power supply to wheelbase 1,5 m/6 ft)
- Power cord (regional) (cable length: socket to power supply 1,5 m/6 ft.)
- USB connection cable (2 m/6 ft.)
- O-Ring (spare for Quick Release shaft)
- Allen key 5mm
- Fixation screw M6 x 18mm (flat head) for simplified Quick Release
- Racing style button caps for CSL Elite Steering Wheel P1 (PS4™ version)
- Button caps matching the DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller symbols for (optional) ClubSport steering wheels
Official Webpage – www.fanatec.com