Fanatec CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 Review By SRG
Barry Rowland of the Sim Racing Garage reviews the Fanatec CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3. As usual, Barry cuts no corners when reviewing the product, and opens up the wheel rim to let us have a look inside.
The Fanatec McLaren GT3 wheel is a replica of the original steering wheel used in the McLaren GT3 racer and features all the switches, paddles, dials from the real-world GT3 wheel rim. With this new wheel, Fanatec also introduces its first ever dual-clutch system with analog clutch paddles and rocker type shifter paddles. The paddles are made out of anodized aluminum and feature a snap-dome function. The Dual-clutch system’s bite-point mode allows you to determine the optimal bite-point before the start of the race and utilize the perfect start every time.
Bite-point mode, Handbrake mode, gas/brake mode and binary button mode are all available from the mode encoder in the center of the steering wheel. One of the clutch paddles can be set to handbrake mode. It maps one clutch paddle as an analog handbrake axis.
The McLaren GT3 wheel features 2 Rocker switches, 2 Rotary encoders with 12 positions and number indicators, Fanatec FunkySwitch (5-way digital joystick with rotary function), 2 high-bezel snap-dome buttons with laser engraved P & N indicators, 7 Basic push buttons with exchangeable button caps, and a Tuning menu button (4th original rotary encoder is replaced by a 1″ OLED display with evolved Fanatec tuning menu functionality.)
Furthermore, the McLaren GT3 wheel introduces a new exchangeable Quick Release system which let you upgrade the included simplified CSL Quick Release for the optional ClubSport QRA in no time. The Allen key for the CSL QR is stored on the wheel.
The Fanatec CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 is available at the Fanatec Webstore for 179.95€ Incl. 19% VAT.
CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 Features
- The exact replica of the McLaren GT3 Steering Wheel
- Officially licensed by McLaren Automotive Limited
- Officially licensed for Xbox One
- Dual analog paddles with 4 modes and 4-position rotary encoder for changing the Dual clutch bite-point mode
- Clutch/handbrake mode
- Gas/brake mode
- Binary button mode
- Solid anodized rocker type aluminum shifter paddles with snap-dome functionality
- Diamond texture grips for shifter and clutch paddles
- 1″ 128×64 OLED Display
- Upgraded Fanatec Tuning menu functionality
- 2 Rocker switches
- 2 Rotary encoders with 12 positions and number indicators
- Fanatec FunkySwitch™ (5-way digital joystick with rotary function)
- 2 high-bezel snap-dome buttons with laser engraved P & N indicators
- 7 Basic buttons with exchangeable button caps
- Tuning menu button
- Overmolded rubber grips (like an original GT3 wheel) with 50 Shore A Hardness
- Glass-fiber reinforced and heat stabilized Simplified Quick Release and clutch paddles
- Exchangeable quick release. Can be upgraded to ClubSport Quick Release Adapter (optional)
- Allen key tool included in the steering wheel
- Exchangeable button caps included
- Button label placement indicators for placing additional indicators like “VIEW” & “KERS”
- Xbox One mode LED indicator
- Lightweight ( 942 g / 2,07 lbs )
- Diameter ( 30 cm / 12 inch )
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
- CSL Elite Wheel Base
- CSL Elite Racing Wheel – officially licensed for PS4™
Xbox One: If connected to this steering wheel, the above-mentioned wheelbases will be compatible with Xbox One.
PC and other Platforms: The specifications of the compatible wheelbases will remain unchanged.
In order to operate this product, a compatible Fanatec Wheel Base (not included) is mandatory!
Connect your Wheel Base to a PC and install the latest driver to update the wheelbase firmware before you mount the CSL Elite Steering Wheel GT3.
- Size (L x W x H) : 38.00cm x 36.00cm x 19.00cm
- Weight: 2.00kg
- Volume weight: 4.92kg
- CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3
- Racing style button caps
- Exchangeable Simplified Quick Release
- Allen key 5mm
- Fixation screw M6 x 18mm (flat head) for Simplified Quick Release
- Quick Guide
Official Webpage – www.fanatec.com