Last week, Fanatec officially introduced the new CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 V2. Now Fanatec published the official product Video Guide for the new wheel, as an additional resource complimenting the official product quick guide.
- 00:00 – Intro
- 00:45 – Exchangeable button caps
- 01:12 – Applying McLaren-style stickers
- 01:31 – Attaching the steering wheel
- 01:56 – Driver download and installation
- 03:30 – Centre calibration
- 03:47 – Shifter calibration
- 04:15 – Platform/compatibility modes
- 04:24 – Tuning Menu
- 04:50 – Multi-position switches
- 05:27 – Analogue paddles
- 06:00 – Detaching the steering wheel
- 06:12 – Replacing the Simplified Quick Release Adapter
At first glance, the new McLaren GT3 V2 wheel looks very identical to the original Fanatec McLaren wheel version. However, Fanatec is bringing several significant improvements to the re-released wheel, while leaving the proven design features intact.
The new McLaren GT3 V2 wheel is now fitted with realistic magnetic shifters that have a completely revised shift mechanism. The paddles feature a longer throw, and can still be shifted up and down with one hand. Fanatec also revised the dual clutch paddles are also improved.
Furthermore, the wheel features a White OLED display to access the Tuning Menu features and show game telemetry (where supported). There are new Multi-Position Switches which feature advanced multi-position modes and endless rotary encoder functionality for wider compatibility between racing sims. Up to 54 inputs are directly accessible on this wheel.
Fanatec improved and simplified the Quick Release Adapter which clamps to the wheelbase without the need for tools. If needed the simplified Quick Release Adapter can be replaced with the optional high-end ClubSport Quick Release Adapter, unlocking High Torque Mode on Podium wheel bases.
Last but not least, the McLaren GT3 V2 wheel is now officially Xbox-licensed. Attached to a compatible FANATEC wheel base, including attached peripherals such as shifters, pedals, or handbrake, the wheel will work on Xbox One® and Xbox Series X|S. Needles to say the wheel also works on PC, and on a PS4 or PS5 when combined with a PlayStation-licensed wheel base.
The Fanatec CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 V2 is now available via the Fanatec Online Store for €199.95 incl. VAT + Shipping.
Official Webpage – www.fanatec.com
Officially licensed by McLaren Automotive Limited, this is a full-size, detailed reproduction of the steering wheel used in McLaren GT3 race cars. The overall shape, as well as the size of the switches, paddles, and dials is based on original McLaren CAD data.
The CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 V2 is a refinement of the original, with redesigned electronics for improved performance and durability. The fourth rotary encoder of the real GT3 wheel is replaced by a white, 1” OLED display.
Officially Licenced For XBOX®.
Attach this wheel to any compatible FANATEC® wheel base and the whole system (including attached peripherals such as shifters, pedals, or handbrake) will work on Xbox One® and Xbox Series X|S.
Realistic magnetic shifters, multi-purpose paddle system.
Use the dual-clutch paddle system as the ultimate weapon to nail every race start. The advanced bite-point mode allows you to determine the optimal bite-point before the start of the race and initiate the perfect launch every time.
Never miss a shift.
The shifting mechanism is completely revised, with a longer throw and magnetic resistance for superior tactile feedback. The rocker-type paddle is made from a single piece of anodised aluminium, allowing up and down-shifting with one hand.
Multifunctional Analogue Paddles.
Clutch bite-point mode, handbrake mode, brake/throttle mode, and mappable axis mode – all instantly available with a flick of the centre switch. Brake/throttle mode allows for driving without pedals.
Racing ergonomics enhanced.
Toggle and rotary switches, laser-engraved Pit and Neutral buttons with high bezels and snap-dome switches with realistic resistance, FunkySwitch™ (seven functions) and seven additional buttons with exchangeable button caps. Every input is intelligently placed so you can adapt quickly and concentrate on the race.
Multi-Position Switches With Rotary Encoder Functionality.
The improved 12-way switches allow for advanced multi-position modes and endless rotary encoder functionality for wider compatibility between racing sims.
TOOL-FREE SIMPLIFIED QUICK RELEASE.
No clamping bolt required! The improved Simplified Quick Release Adapter clamps easily to the steering shaft by hand, without the need for tools. The adapter is also removable, and can be replaced with the ClubSport Quick Release Adapter, unlocking High Torque Mode on Podium wheel bases.
- A full-scale replica of a McLaren GT3 Steering Wheel
- Officially licensed by McLaren Automotive Limited
- Officially licensed for Xbox One® and Xbox Series X|S
- Two analog paddles with reinforced honeycomb pattern, supporting four switchable modes:
- Clutch bite-point mode (standard/advanced)
- Clutch/handbrake mode
- Brake/throttle mode (allows driving without pedals connected)
- Mappable axis mode
- Clutch bite-point system can be used in any game with analog clutch input
- Magnetic shifters for superior tactile response
- Rocker-type paddle made from anodized aluminum allows up and down-shifts with one hand (possible on both sides)
- Diamond texture grips on shifter and clutch paddles
- New tool-free Simplified Quick Release Adapter design:
- Improved ease of use (no clamping bolt required) and durability
- Exchangeable, supports ClubSport Quick Release Adapter, unlocking High Torque Mode on Podium wheelbases
- Avoids any play in the QR system
- 1”, 128 x 64 resolution OLED display (white)
- Two 2-way toggle switches
- Multi-Position Switches: two 12-position switches, configurable as endless rotary encoders
- 7-way FunkySwitch™: left, right, up, and down directional inputs, push button, and rotary encoder functionality
- Two high-bezel snap-dome buttons with laser-engraved P and N lettering. Identical resistance to the buttons on the real wheel
- Seven standard buttons with exchangeable button caps
- Tuning Menu button for instant access to force feedback and other Fanatec hardware adjustments
- Overmolded rubber grips (like the original GT3 wheel) with 50 Shore A hardness
- Racing-style button caps included
- Button label placement indicators for placing additional indicators such as “VIEW” & “KERS” (sticker set included)
- Xbox® mode LED indicator
- Weight 1090 g (with Simplified QRA) / 1280 g with ClubSport QRA
- 300 mm diameter
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
- CSL Elite Wheel Base
- CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1
- CSL Elite Wheel Base + officially licensed for PS4™
- Podium Wheel Base DD1
- Podium Wheel Base DD2
- Podium Racing Wheel F1® (Podium Wheel Base DD1 PS4™)
- Xbox: if connected with this steering wheel, the above-mentioned wheelbases will be compatible with Xbox One® and Xbox Series X|S.
- PC and other platforms: The specifications of the compatible wheel bases will remain unchanged.
- The functionality of this product on Xbox or PlayStation can be limited by the capabilities of the console (subject to firmware/OS changes and developer support). The full functionality can only be guaranteed on the PC; this is also game-dependent.
- In order to operate this product, a compatible Fanatec Wheel Base (not included) is mandatory!
- Some features might not be supported on Xbox One® or Xbox Series X|S. Functionality also depends on game developer implementation of the Fanatec SDK.
- High Torque Mode on Podium wheel bases is available when using the ClubSport Quick Release Adapter with this wheel.
- CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 V2
- Racing-style button caps
- McLaren-style sticker set
- Simplified Quick Release Adapter (preinstalled)
- Quick Guide