Fanatec Introduces The CSL Elite Wheel Base+ For The PS4
Fanatec proudly announced the second Fanatec sim racing peripheral for the PlayStation4. The Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel Base + is a standalone wheelbase for the PlayStation 4 gaming console.
The CSL Elite Wheel Base + is officially licensed by Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe (SIEE) and is fully compatible with all PS4 and PS4 Pro consoles, giving players access to all Fanatec’s innovative features.
The Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel Base + is available at the Fanatec website for 399.95€ Incl. 19% VAT.
The wheelbase is using advanced and highly praised ClubSport technology. The servo motor, electronics, and power supply come straight from its high-end brother. This makes the force feedback far superior. The already high-performance level of this wheelbase can be upgraded with factory options like steering wheels, full metal shifters or the legendary loadcell pedals.
All upgrades come with full warranty and no need for DIY skills. The mechanics of the wheelbase is designed to have minimal friction and ultra-low cogging for the purest force feedback sensations. You can also fine-tune the behavior of the mechanics with Fanatec tuning functions. The DirectSensor is mounted directly on the steering axis to keep the steering input precise by preventing any influence or disturbance from the belt drive.
The eSports peripheral of simulator racing produces the most precise force feedback available for PS4 with its astonishing 1000Hz USB update rate. The wheelbase delivers force feedback sensations through the powerful 6Nm brushless servo motor and comes with the same great features as the racing wheel such as:
- Direct Sensor
- Single belt drive
- Integrated rev lights
- Quick Release system
- Mechanics designed for minimal friction and ultra-low cogging
- Support for Fanatec shifters, handbrakes, steering wheels, and pedals that are officially licensed by SIEE
- Support for Fanatec Tuning functions
- Mount for Static Shifter Paddles
- Table Clamp
High-quality hardware means nothing without a well-thought-out software implementation. We maximized the potential of the wheelbase with extreme detail to define the perfect sensations for your hands.
Not only do you get a great out-of-the-box racing experience with the wheelbase, you also can fine-tune the mechanics and force feedback sensations directly from Fanatec steering wheel to match your needs on each sim racing game. The Fanatec Tuning function adjustments can be found from the tuning menu of the steering wheel, where you can adjust:
- Wheel sensitivity from auto function to manual sensitivity independent from the game (90°-1080°)
- Strength of the force feedback
- Sensitivity of steering wheel and pedal vibrations
- Friction of the wheel with the Advanced Drift Mode for added natural dampening or to speed up the wheel for beautiful drifts
- Game spring, force effects, and dampening force directly from the steering wheel
- Sensitivity of the brake pedal (For this feature, Fanatec pedals need to be connected directly to the wheelbase)
The CSL Elite Wheel Base + is compatible with a range of PS4 games including Assetto Corsa, Project Cars 2, F1 2017, WRC 7, NASCAR Heat 2, Need For Speed – Payback and many more. The full list of compatible PS4 racing titles can be found here.
Official Webpage – www.fanatec.com