Fanatec introduces the new CSL Elite Series
Fanatec’s Thomas Jackermeier introduced the new CSL Elite or “ClubSport Light“ Series.
The CSL Elite Series of products is aimed at the midrange market. Fanatec applied the technology of the ClubSport series and concentrated purely on performance and durability rather than fancy materials or a perfect finish. This should, in theory, deliver you the same functionality but at a lower price.
Furthermore, Thomas also commented on the PlayStation situation.
We know that a lot of people want to know what the status is but we cannot announce anything before the contract is signed. We have a good relationship with Sony but we need to follow the rules and although there are absolutely no points of disagreement, sometimes things takes a while because of procedures and work flows. I am confident that we can announce a PS4 Version of this Wheel base soon.
CSL Elite Series Products:
- CSL Elite Wheel Base
- CSL Elite Pedals
- CSL Elite Pedals Loadcell Kit
Both the wheel and pedals are sold separately and are compatible with most previous Fanatec equipment.
CSL Elite Wheel Base
- Super strong and fast brushless servo motor which delivers 6 NM on the steering axis
- Single belt drive unit with just one belt between axis and motor
- Automotive grade QR system and compatibility to all Fanatec CSL or ClubSport steering wheels
- 1080° of rotation. Good for drifting
- Rev Lights integrated on the base
- Strong table clamp integrated
- 2 shifter ports plus handbrake port. There are CSL Shifters and handbrake also coming up next
CSL Elite Pedals and CSL Elite Pedals Loadcell Kit
- Solid full metal construction
- Basic set comes with two pedals but with the optional Loadcell Kit you add a load cell brake and transform the former brake pedal into a clutch pedal.
- Great brake feeling even on the basic set as it comes with a strong metal spring and a PU foam damper/spring
- The load cell brake pedal is actually a big loadcell. The whole arm is the sensor and it measures the pedal pressure of up to 90kg. Of Course, you can adjust the brake force during gameplay.
- Travel and stiffness of the LC brake can be easily and quickly adjusted without the need of tools
- You can choose between 3 surfaces for your pedal plates. Blank metal, rubber or a sandpaper anti-skid patch
The CSL Elite products are introduced together with the European Launch of Assetto Corsa for Consoles and in partnership with this title, as it is the perfect match. Therefore, the new product launch comes with a great bundle, the CSL Elite Wheel Assetto Corsa Edition.
It comes with a free Assetto Corsa Xbox One version hard-copy as a bundle discount in EU, USA/Canada and Australia for the first pre-order customers. The Bundle contains the CSL Elite Wheel Base, the CSL Elite Pedals, the CSL Elite Pedals Loadcell Kit and the CSL Steering Wheel P1 for Xbox One. It is compatible with PC and Xbox One.
The CSL Elite Wheel Base makes Fanatec High-End functionality affordable. Positioned below the ClubSport Wheel Base V2, but more powerful than the V1, the CSL Elite Wheel Base is certainly powerful enough to handle all CSL and ClubSport steering wheels.It comes with the automotive grade quick release system established by Fanatec’s ClubSport series and therefore is compatible with all CSL and ClubSport Steering Wheels.
The powerful brushless servo motor in combination with the single belt drive, delivers incredibly smooth and super-fast Force Feedback effects with instant acceleration, eliminating dead spots. The turning maximum is 1080° of rotation, adjustable in the wheel tuning menu during gameplay from 90° to 1080°.
A new feature are the rev lights built into the top cover of the Wheel Base allowing RPM information, and other functions (depending on the game), like fuel level. In addition to the hard-mount points, the racing Wheel Base comes with a table clamp right out-of-the-box allowing a stable and toolless attachment to your desk or table.
The CSL Elite Pedals come in a solid full-metal Aluminum design, delivering the same technology and materials as used in high-end pedals, even at the mid-range price. The new electronics feature potentiometer sensors with metal gears on the two pedal arms for throttle and brake, that provide the same 12bit resolution as the ClubSport V3 pedals.
Each pedal´s (gas, brake, optional clutch) horizontal position on the heelrest is individually adjustable, and can even be separately mounted onto your customized cockpit without the heelrest plate. The detachable rubber pads on the pedals give you the choice between grip or a slick surface. The human body memorizes muscle tension much better than foot position. This is why all car brakes measure the pressure and not the travel.
The CSL Elite Pedals Loadcell Kit adds the loadcell brake unit as third pedal to your CSL Elite Pedals. The former brake unit gets equipped with a new limiter pad and becomes the clutch pedal. The exchangeable electronics unit adds USB connectivity and a Handbrake port.
If you have to hit the brake hard, the load cell takes up to 90kg pedal pressure. The sensitivity can be adjusted during gameplay in the wheel tuning menu from very gentle to ultra-heavy, like in a Formula car. The completely new design of the brake allows for adjustment of the resistance and travel of the brake pedal without using any tools. Just change and arrange the various brake buffer components to generate a huge variety of combinations of resistance. There are three anti-skid pads included with this kit so you can decide between blank, rubber pad or anti-skid pads for each pedal.
|Official Webpage – www.fanatec.com|