Fanatec Introduces The Podium Hub Sim Racing Wheel Adapter
Fanatec’s Sim Racing Girl introduces the new Fanatec Podium Hub Sim Racing Wheel Adapter.
[Quote] The Podium Hub is the premium core component for the Fanatec modular steering wheel system. The space frame design surrounds the electronic components for the lightest possible weight. The central hub is created from a single piece of anodized aluminum for maximum strength.
Integrating a dedicated ARM processor, the Podium Hub is low latency, firmware upgradeable, and supports 10 buttons and dual 16-bit resolution analog inputs. Additional buttons, axes, and displays can be connected via the data port.
Use the Podium Hub to mount wheel rims from Fanatec and other manufacturers, or even full steering wheels. Easily upgrade and customize using Fanatec modular components.
The Podium Hub features mounting holes for wheel rims using the 6x70mm or 3x50mm bolt pattern. It is possible to run third-party steering wheels on PC with USB cables as used on OSW Direct Drive for example.
The Podium Hub contains connectors for the Podium Advanced Paddle Module, two Universal Hub button clusters, and a data port connector for attaching Fanatec button or display modules. The included ClubSport Quick Release Adapter allows you to connect directly to Fanatec CSL, ClubSport, and Podium wheelbases.
The Podium Hub supports an exchangeable Quick Release, so it is ready for future upgrades.
The Fanatec Podium Hub is Sim Racing Wheel Adapter is currently on pre-order via the Official Fanatec Website for €199.95 Incl. VAT. The first units are scheduled to be shipped on 2019-09-30.
- Gold anodized aluminum monocoque
- Ultra sturdy and lightweight space frame design
- Two connectors for the Podium Advanced Paddle Module (4 buttons + 2 analog axes)
- Two connectors for Button Clusters (2 x 3 buttons)
- One data port connector for future accessories (including Podium Button Module Endurance)
- Supports interchangeable Quick Release
- Accepts all Fanatec wheel rims
- Accepts all third-party rims using the 6x70mm or 3x50mm bolt pattern (e.g. Sparco, MOMO, OMP)
- Allows the use of third-party steering wheels with USB cables on all Fanatec bases (USB wheels must be connected separately to the PC)
- Included ClubSport Quick Release Adapter
- Weight (including CS QRA): 563g
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD1
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD2
- PODIUM Racing Wheel F1® PS4™
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
- CSL Elite Wheel Base
- CSL Elite Racing Wheel – officially licensed for PS4™
- CSL Elite Wheel Base + – officially licensed for PS4™
- Xbox One®: the Podium Hub is not compatible with Xbox One.
- PC and other Platforms: The specifications of the compatible wheelbases will remain unchanged.
- PS4: The functionality of this product on PS4 can be limited by the capabilities of the console (subject to firmware/OS changes and developer support). The full functionality can only be guaranteed on the PC; this is also game-dependent.
- Podium Hub core
- ClubSport Quick Release Adapter
- 6 x M6 bolts
- Quick Guide
Fanatec Sim Racing Hardware
Endor, with its Headquarters in Landshut Bavaria, was founded in the year 1997 by Thomas Jackermeier, who turned his hobby into his profession. As an active player of early-stage PC-Games, he very quickly recognized the decisive role that input devices would play on performance, reality, and fun. During the 90’s, the choice, from among what was available on high-quality devices, was very limited. Thomas decided to give up his wholesale biking store, a start-up business he had used to finance his educational degree during his time at the University of Regensburg while obtaining his Masters of Business Administration. Following his studies, he bought the company AB-Union, which was changed to Endor Ltd., which would later become Endor AG.
The developed products were never marketed under the name Endor, but rather under the brand name Fanatec, providing Endor with the flexibility needed, to be able to introduce new brands into varying markets as desired. Fanatec products are developed in Germany, produced in Asia and are sold globally via the official online webshop.
Today Fanatec can count itself amongst the global market leaders in high-end sim racing equipment for consoles and PC systems. For more product info and purchases, check out the official Fanatec web page.
Official Webpages – www.fanatec.com