Fanatec proudly introduced the highest performance official Gran Turismo wheel ever, compatible with both the PlayStation and the PC platforms.
The Gran Turismo DD Extreme combines a brand-new Steering Wheel designed in collaboration with Polyphony Digital and a new 15 Nm ClubSport DD+ Wheel Base. Just like the ClubSport DD+, the new Steering Wheel was also designed from the ground up for QR2. This is Fanatec’s first ‘Racing Wheel’ (Steering Wheel and Wheel Base package) fully optimized for the new QR2 quick release, which means superior stability and tightness, and no loss of force feedback detail.
The Gran Turismo DD Extreme is available for pre-order for 1299.95€ / $1299.95 / A$2139.90 / ¥209,000 + taxes (if applicable) and shipping. Estimated Availability date: Feb 26, 2024.
The most powerful official Direct Drive system for Gran Turismo® combines an advanced Steering Wheel designed in partnership with Polyphony Digital and the 15 Nm ClubSport DD+ Wheel Base to deliver consistent torque performance and detailed force feedback.
This multi-purpose steering wheel looks and feels realistic thanks to the premium vegan leather rim and 300 mm diameter. It’s the best way to experience Gran Turismo®, with four 5-way directional sticks, RGB LED rings, RGB RevLEDs and FlagLEDs, and a 2.7” OLED display.
Enjoy every gear change using the large magnetic paddle shifters. The lightweight wheel and precision fit of the QR2 quick-release system means you’ll feel all the fine detail from FullForce technology (in supported games) and the responsiveness of the direct drive motor.
The combination of PlayStation®5 console performance with FANATEC® Direct Drive technology delivers responsive and incredibly dynamic force feedback. Of course, the ClubSport DD+ Wheel Base works on PC too.
By splitting the rotor into offset segments, cogging torque is naturally reduced. Combined with our patented FluxBarrier technology which increases efficiency and smoothness, the result is crystal-clear force feedback information in every driving situation.
Engineered to meet strict cooling requirements, the ClubSport DD+ is the most thermally stable Wheel Base in its class, so you can have absolute confidence that the torque output and force feedback will remain consistent, no matter how long you drive.
The speed of the ClubSport DD+ servo motor allows us to fine-tune its behavior with more accuracy than any previous Fanatec Wheel Base. This means your steering wheel can feel very active, clearly communicating the smallest details, while also feeling perfectly stable, and resistant to unwanted oscillation.
The existing force feedback protocol was designed for gear and belt-driven devices – the only hardware available at the time. FullForce is a new force feedback protocol tailored specifically for FANATEC® Direct Drive. Leveraging the instantaneous response and zero backlash of direct drive technology, FullForce generates high-frequency vibrations for a new level of immersive effects. Feel the engine revs, and details of the road surface like never before. Only FullForce gives you the full experience of driving a race car.
Class-leading slew rate performance combined with the powerful processor makes every motor reaction incredibly fast and dynamic while remaining perfectly stable. This behavior lends itself to traditional force feedback signals as well as enhanced FullForce signals (in supported games).
Steering Wheel for Gran Turismo® DD Extreme:
- Designed in collaboration with Polyphony Digital
- Officially licensed for PlayStation®5 (compatibility is achieved via the Wheel Base)
- Premium vegan leather grip gives it the look and feel of a GT road car
- 300 mm diameter is suitable for many different vehicles
- 2.7” OLED display for Tuning Menu access and Intelligent Telemetry Mode (where supported)
- 19 RGB LEDs (programmable on PC with FanaLab)
- Diffused RGB RevLED strip
- RGB FlagLEDs
- RGB LED rings around the directional sticks
- 7-way FunkySwitch: left, right, up, and down directional inputs, push button, and rotary encoder functionality
- Four 5-way directional sticks designed for Gran Turismo®
- Magnetic shifter paddles for superior tactile response
- 3 mm-thick, black anodized aluminum paddle plates
- Neodymium magnets
- Two analog clutch paddles with four switchable modes:
- Clutch bite-point mode (standard/advanced)
- Clutch/handbrake mode
- Brake/throttle mode (allows driving without pedals connected)
- Mappable axis mode
- 11 buttons optimized for the PlayStation® interface
- Designed for QR2 from the ground up
- The Steering Wheel for Gran Turismo® DD Extreme was developed in parallel with the QR2 Lite Wheel-Side, allowing it to operate at the full 15 Nm torque performance from the ClubSport DD+ Wheel Base
- Precision fit means you feel all the details of FullForce technology
ClubSport DD+ Wheel Base:
- Officially licensed for PlayStation®5 consoles and PlayStation®4 consoles
- Direct Drive servo motor
- Custom-designed in Germany for the ClubSport DD+ specifically for sim racing
- 15 Nm consistent torque
- Optimized skew angle on rotor magnets reduces cogging torque
- Patented, exclusive FluxBarrier technology improves motor efficiency and smoothness
- FullForce technology
- New force feedback protocol developed for Fanatec Direct Drive
- Super low-latency detail effects through fine motor frequency control
- Passively cooled Wheel Base
- Most thermally stable Wheel Base in its class
- Consistent performance under the most extreme conditions
- Wheel Base optimized for QR2 from the ground up
- Electronics module integrated with the shaft
- Diecast aluminum with CNC-machined finish
- Motorsport-derived quick-release system
- QR1 downgrade possible (sold separately)
- Standard Tuning Menu allows beginners to get started quickly without having to worry about settings
- Advanced Tuning Menu allows enthusiasts to fine-tune the force feedback characteristics to suit their driving preferences
- High-resolution (contactless) Hall-position-sensor
- Rotation: 2520 degrees (electronically limited, adjustable)
- Slip ring system (life-tested for thousands of hours) provides cable-free delivery of power and data between Steering Wheel and Wheel Base without the need for a mechanical limiter (allows for high steering angle settings)
- Compatible with the entire Fanatec ecosystem (see Compatibility section for details)
- T-nut rail system on sides and bottom for easily adjustable hard-mounting
- Power supply
- USB-C to PC / console
- Shifter 1
- Shifter 2 (Sequential only)
- CAN (for future Fanatec peripherals)
- Front-mounted threaded inserts for future Fanatec accessories. Not intended for front-mounting the wheelbase to a sim racing chassis/cockpit.
The ClubSport DD+ Wheel Base is compatible with:
- All Fanatec Steering Wheels*
- All Fanatec Pedals (adapter cables might be required on pedals without RJ12 connection)
- ClubSport Shifter (all versions)
- ClubSport Handbrake
- All Fanatec Cockpits
- ClubSport DD Table Clamp
- ClubSport Table Clamp V2
- Podium Mounting Brackets (the ClubSport DD+ Wheel Base includes M6 T-nuts for side-mounting; the Podium Mounting Brackets require the use of M6 bolts and washers)
Note: ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles are not supported.
*Older QR1 Steering Wheels without an exchangeable quick release require the QR1 Base-Side (Type-F) accessory.
- This product is compatible with all PlayStation®4 consoles and PlayStation®5 consoles.
- This product is compatible with PC on all major racing games.
- Other platforms: Compatibility with other platforms depends on the used steering wheel. For more information, please check the product page of the steering wheel you plan to use.
Please note: PC and other platform compatibility is tested by Fanatec, but not tested nor endorsed by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
- Not suitable for children. The fast movements of the steering wheel and strong torque can be dangerous. Please read the safety instructions.
- The Steering Wheel for Gran Turismo DD Extreme supports 15 Nm torque with the preinstalled QR2 Lite Wheel-Side.
- The Gran Turismo® DD Extreme package does not include pedals. All modern Fanatec pedals are supported.
- Steering Wheel for Gran Turismo® DD Extreme
- ClubSport DD+ Wheel Base
- Power Supply (regional)
- 4x T-nuts for the rail mount system
- USB cable (Type-C to Type-A)
- Quick Guide
Official Webpages – www.fanatec.com