Fanatec Limited Edition ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2020 Review By The SRG
Three weeks ago, Fanatec launched the pre-order for the new Fanatec Limited Edition ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2020 of which they only produced and sold 2020 units worldwide.
The Fanatec Limited Edition ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2020 was on sale for €449,95 / $449,95 + shipping. As expected, the wheel rim was sold out before you could pronounce its name.
One of the community members who got his hands on a unit is Barry Rowland of the Sim Racing Garage. In his latest video, Barry takes the ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2020 through the famous SRG review process, showing us the ins and outs of the product.
- F1-style steering wheel with a compact diameter of 27 cm for fast movements and reactions
- Officially licensed by Formula 1™
- Durable construction made of metal and carbon fiber
- 5 mm solid carbon fiber front plate with forged carbon finish. The carbon fiber plate is constructed of approx. 30 layers of unidirectional carbon cloth
- Grips made of genuine smooth leather, perforated for improved breathability
- Steering wheel weight: approx. 1200 g (subject to production changes)
- 11 buttons plus two paddle shifters with ultra-reliable switches
- Two 2-way toggle switches
- Two 12-way multi-position switches
- One FunkySwitch™ (7-way joystick/encoder)
- One analog joystick (2-axis)
- Two thumb encoders easily reachable while driving without releasing the grips
- Two vibration motors integrated with the grips, controllable through wheel Tuning Menu (SHO) or by game through Fanatec SDK
- Revolution LED bar (RevLEDs) with nine multi-color LEDs to show motor RPM and optimal shifting point as games program through the Fanatec SDK
- Two flag LED bars (FlagLEDs) each with three multi-color LEDs each to indicate tyre slip, flag warnings, pit limiter, and more, as games program through the Fanatec SDK
- User-defined LED and display behavior via FanaLab
- 1″ 128×64 white OLED display to show telemetry data like speed or gear as games program through the Fanatec SDK
- Tuning functions with OLED display to adjust settings independent from the game and during gameplay (see description of compatible wheel base/racing wheel for details)
- ClubSport Magnetic Paddle Module pre-installed (this accessory will also be available separately, by the end of Q3 2020. Price 99.95EUR, 99.95USD, 11,900JPY, 169.90AUD)
- Exclusive carbon fiber paddles finished in forged carbon
- Paddle plates made of real, 3 mm-thick carbon fiber
- Paddle module cage made of CNC machined aluminum
- Neodymium magnets
- Paddle module easily upgradable to PODIUM Advanced Paddle Module (optional)
- 11 customizable black button caps included
- Full sticker set and application tool from ‘Button Caps and Sticker Set’ included
- Exchangeable Quick Release made of aluminum
- This product is only compatible with the following wheelbases:
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
- CSL Elite Wheel Base
- CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1
- CSL Elite Wheel Base + – officially licensed for PS4™
- CSL Elite Racing Wheel – officially licensed for PS4™
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD1
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD2
- PODIUM Racing Wheel F1® PS4™
- PC: This product is fully compatible with Windows PCs. Detailed functionality support is game-dependent.
- PS4: The wheel will only work on PS4 in combination with a PS4-compatible wheelbase. The functionality of this product on PS4 can be limited by the capabilities of the console (subject to firmware/OS changes and developer support). Full functionality can only be guaranteed on the PC, this is also game-dependent.
- Xbox One®: This steering wheel is not compatible with Xbox One.
Official Webpage – www.fanatec.com