German Sim Racing peripheral manufacturer Fanatec revealed the new limited edition ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2021, officially licensed by Formula 1.
As expected, Fanatec only produced 2021 units worldwide, matching the year of release.
This special version of the ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 features luminescent details, a Podium Advanced Paddle Module with an exclusive finish, genuine Alcantara grips, and more.
The Fanatec limited Edition ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2021 was available for €399.59 incl. VAT + shipping. But as expected, the product sold out in one go, and is no longer available.
- F1-style steering wheel with a compact diameter of 270 mm for fast movements and reactions
- Officially licensed by Formula 1™
- Durable construction made of metal and carbon fibre
- 5 mm solid carbon fibre front plate. Carbon fibre plate is constructed of approx. 30 layers of unidirectional carbon cloth
- Phosphorescent material allows details to glow in dark environments (wheel must first be exposed to light for at least 5 minutes in order to achieve this effect)
- Genuine Alcantara® grips
- Rubber-coated surfaces including button framing and thumb encoders
- Podium Advanced Paddle Module with exclusive colour preinstalled:
- Four magnetic paddles (two for gear shifts, two can be assigned as other functions, e.g. DRS)
- Two analogue paddles using high-precision, contactless Hall sensors (Clutch bite-point mode, clutch/handbrake mode, brake/throttle mode, mappable analogue axis mode)
- Exclusive carbon fibre paddle appearance and black anodised aluminium clutch paddles
- Upper and main paddle plates made of 3 mm-thick carbon fibre
- Paddle module cage made of CNC-machined aluminium
- Neodymium magnets with a dark grey finish
- 11 buttons plus four paddles with ultra-reliable switches
- Two 2-way toggle switches
- Two 12-way multi-position switches with encoder functionality
- 7-way FunkySwitch™: left, right, up, and down directional inputs, push button, and rotary encoder functionality
- Analog joystick
- Two thumb encoders easily reachable while driving without releasing the grips
- Two vibration motors integrated with the grips, controllable through wheel Tuning Menu (SHO) or by game through Fanatec SDK
- RevLEDs with nine multi-color LEDs to show motor RPM and optimal shifting point as games program through the Fanatec SDK
- Two FlagLEDs with three multi-color LEDs each to indicate tyre slip, flag warnings, pit limiter, and more, as games program through the Fanatec SDK
- User-defined LED and display behavior via FanaLab
- 1″ 128×64 white OLED display to show telemetry data like speed or gear as games program through the Fanatec SDK
- Tuning functions with OLED display to adjust settings independent from the game and during gameplay (see description of compatible wheel base/racing wheel for details)
- 11 customizable black button caps included
- Full sticker set and application tool from ‘Button Caps and Sticker Set’ included
- Exchangeable Quick Release made of aluminum
- Weight: approx. 1393 g (including QR1 Wheel-Side)
This product is only compatible with the following wheel bases:
- CSL DD
- CSL Elite Wheel Base
- CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1
- CSL Elite Wheel Base + – officially licensed for PS4™
- CSL Elite Racing Wheel – officially licensed for PS4™
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD1
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD2
- PODIUM Racing Wheel F1® PS4™
- PC: this product is compatible with Windows PC.
- Xbox: this product is not compatible with Xbox systems.
- PlayStation: The functionality of this product on PS4 can be limited by the capabilities of the console (subject to firmware/OS changes and developer support). The full functionality can only be guaranteed on PC; this is also game-dependent. PlayStation 5: Check our platform compatibility page for more details.
- In order to operate this product, a compatible Fanatec Wheel Base (not included) is mandatory!
- The effectiveness of the luminescence is determined by environmental lighting conditions, for example, it is brighter when charged under an LED light source compared to direct sunlight. The glow will gradually fade over time until the wheel is exposed to bright light again.
- Please refer to the digital version of the Quick Guide, which is found in the Downloads tab above.
Official Webpages – www.fanatec.com