Back in December 2020, German Sim Racing Peripheral manufacturer Fanatec and BMW Motorsport officially announced the upcoming Fanatec BMW M4 GT3 wheel. In collaboration with BMW Motorsport, Fanatec engineered the Podium Steering Wheel BMW M4 GT3 to be compatible with their Podium ecosystem, while meeting the requirements for the real world 2022 BMW M4 GT3 race car.
Now Fanatec is back with a similar project in which they have developed a steering wheel in partnership with Bentley Motors Limited for use on both the Fanatec wheelbases and the real-world 750 HP Continental GT3 Pikes Peak racecar that will compete in the world-famous hill climb.
The 310 mm diameter wheel with its distinctive Bentley design, and features around a 3.4” display, magnesium core, 5 mm thick carbon fiber front plate with custom green weave, and Alcantara grips. The wheel is equipped with an FIA homologated quick release (QR2) system, allowing it to interface with both the real car and compatible Fanatec wheelbases.
The price and availability of the Fanatec Podium Steering Wheel Bentley GT3 will be announced at a later date.
Telemetry and much more.
The large, circular display can show game telemetry and other special features using a bespoke interface. Adjusting force-feedback and other hardware settings in the Fanatec Tuning Menu also provides a unique experience with this wheel.
The included mount can be used to showcase the wheel on either your wall or desk. Powered by a USB connection, the wheel can be displayed as a clock inspired by the traditional timepiece found in the Bentley Continental GT. It can also replay preloaded race telemetry from famous laps, showing pedal and steering inputs, gear changes, G-meter, and a track map.
The vast selection of inputs are intuitively placed around the wheel, including premium snap-dome buttons, two 7-way FunkySwitch™ directional sticks with encoder functionality, two aluminium thumb wheels with optical encoders, and a magnetic shifter and dual-analogue clutch paddle system.
The perfect paddles.
A unique configuration of the integrated Podium Advanced Paddle Module based on the shifter paddle design from the Continental GT offers four magnetic paddles: two for gear shifting, and two for additional functions. Dual analog clutch paddles use contactless Hall sensors for precision and durability.
In addition to the main display, the eight primary buttons also attract the eye with a special backlit surround. Integrated RevLEDs and FlagLEDs are programmable to display many colours through FanaLab.
- Officially licensed Bentley product
- The actual wheel used in the Bentley Continental GT3 Pikes Peak hill climb car
- Comfortable 310mm diameter wheel with Alcantara® grips
- 5 mm-thick carbon fiber plate with custom green weave
- Pikes Peak Grip: optional lower grip (included) to suit different driving styles
- Magnesium alloy core for maximum stiffness and weight saving
- Exchangeable quick release (QR2) allows for use with real Bentley Continental GT3 Pikes Peak race car and compatible Fanatec wheelbases
- Unique digital, circular display in the center of the wheel to show telemetry and other features
– 3.4” 800 x 800 px RGB vertical stripe LCD
– Forged carbon bezel
– Four CNC-machined aluminium rotary encoders
- Eight snap-dome buttons with 900 g activation force
- Backlit button surrounds
- Two 7-way FunkySwitch™ directional sticks with encoder functionality
- Two aluminium thumb wheels with optical encoders
- Nine RGB RevLEDs
- Six RGB FlagLEDs
- Paddle design based on the Bentley Continental GT shift paddles
- Four magnetic paddles, two for gear shifting, two for additional functions
- Two analogue clutch paddles using contactless Hall sensors
- Dual-core ARM Cortex-A7 microprocessor @800Mhz
- Aluminium, USB-powered desk/wall mount (included) activates the display to show:
– Analogue clock function
– Preloaded telemetry replays of famous laps
- Integrated USB-C port for firmware updates (cable included)
- Sticker set with 50 labels included
- Interchangeable button caps (compatible with the Button Cap and Sticker Set)
- 1900 g (approx.)
- Robust travel case included
Official Webpages – www.fanatec.com