Fanatec Podium Wheel Base DD2 Up For Pre-Order
During the 2017 edition of the Sim Racing Expo which took place at the ring Boulevard on the German Nürburgring Grand-Prix circuit, Fanatec unveiled the first hardware in its new Podium Series product line. The new ‘Podium Series’ hardware will become Fanatec’s highest range of products positioned above the ClubSport Series. The ‘Podium Series’ products will be compatibility throughout the whole product palette. Fanatec tries to set new standards in terms of functionality, performance, and durability while retaining compatibility and a great price performance.
The first unveiled Podium product was the long-awaited Fanatec direct drive wheelbase. Back in September 2017, friend of Bsim, AussieStig uploaded the first set of photos and a small video showcasing the development versions of the new and first Direct Drive Fanatec sim racing wheel.
Yesterday, after all these months of waiting, Fanatec officially introduced the first Podium Series product via a live-stream unveil. The Podium Wheel Base DD2 is the first high-end Direct Drive wheelbase from the German company.
The Fanatec Podium Wheel Base DD2 is currently on pre-order for 1,499.95€ Incl. 19% VAT + Shipping. The Podium Wheel Base DD2 will be available 2018-12-07.
The Definitive Direct Drive System
Podium wheelbases use an outrunner-type motor engineered from the ground up specifically for sim racing. Instead of using a random industrial motor, our custom motors are tailored without compromise for sim racing. Outstanding acceleration, ultra-low cogging, and exceptional holding torque performance result in a driving experience unlike any other.
German Design with up to 5 years warranty
The Podium DD2 is the ultimate expression of our direct drive technology, thanks to our robust electronics designed for its extreme torque levels. Engineered with German precision and built to last for many years, the Podium DD2 is suitable for commercial and professional use; this the last wheelbase you’ll ever need.
Direct Drive Without The Hassle
It’s all in the details. Our thousands of design hours mean that you can just drive and enjoy.
Wireless Data and Power
The endless rotation of our direct drive motor inspired the development of a unique solution to transfer data and power to the wheel inputs and displays wirelessly. This means no USB cables are flying around which can easily get damaged and make it difficult to let the wheel spin in a drift.
Fully Certified, Plug and Play
The Podium DD2 is the first plug-and-play direct drive wheelbase, featuring integrated electronics within the main housing. It’s as easy to set up as our CSL and ClubSport series products. Rigorous EMI and ESD testing ensure stability and longevity.
At the front of the housing sits an OLED display. This provides endless opportunities not only for tuning your wheelbase, but also includes features for advanced users, displaying real-time motor and force feedback data. Check the temperatures, torque curves, and avoid force feedback clipping. Too complicated? Just enjoy the graphics.
Full backward compatibility
Our proven automotive grade QR has been upgraded with a new locking system, retaining compatibility with all existing Fanatec steering wheels, while also being completely interchangeable. All new wheelbases and steering wheels will have changeable quick releases; in the future, you will have the option to upgrade to a new QR system.
- Custom-designed servo motor designed by our engineers and the first direct drive motor optimized for racing simulator applications.
- Outrunner-type motor achieves outstanding peak torque of 24Nm, matching the torque output in most real race cars using power steering.
- The Podium Wheel Base DD2 holding torque is not less than 18Nm even under heavy use in a race.
- Motor acceleration and speed remain at the highest level, even with heavy steering wheels.
- Ultra-low torque ripple ensures minimal mechanical distractions and the same smooth experience as in a belt-driven wheel.
- Wireless data and power to all Fanatec steering wheels to enable unlimited rotation of the steering wheel.
- Integrated 2.7” 256×64 resolution OLED display.
- Podium wheelbases include advanced telemetry features in the OLED display for real-time motor and force feedback data such as power output, FFB clipping and more.
- Upgraded Fanatec Tuning Menu
- Five presets for different games and applications
- Steering lock
- FFB Strength
- Drift mode
- Force Effect Intensity
- Support for advanced dual clutch bite-point mode
- Integrated electronics within wheelbase housing, no external control box required.
- The integrated electronics and highest quality components ensure ultra-low latency, providing immediate feedback from racing simulators.
- Fully certified with CE, FCC, C-Tick, ROHS and all other certificates required by law, ensuring that this product does not interfere with other electronic devices.
- Torque Key allows the user to lock/unlock the Podium Wheel Base DD2’s full performance.
- All existing and upcoming Fanatec peripherals fully supported. Choose from a growing selection of Fanatec steering wheels in many different styles and price/quality levels.
- Fast 1000 Hz USB update rate.
- Killswitch allows instant shut down of the DD2 in the event of an emergency. It also features a remote power button, and universal mounting points for ease of access.
- Choose from a growing selection of Fanatec steering wheels in many different styles, with support for future Podium Series products
- Firmware can be updated with new features
- Fast 1000 Hz USB update rate
- Allows connection of two external shifters (e.g. H-pattern and sequential) in parallel
- Mount for ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles and other optional accessories • Connection ports for peripheral devices: USB, Power, Pedals, Shifter 1, Shifter 2, Handbrake
- All-Aluminium housing
- Exchangeable brushed aluminum cover plates.
- Supports Fanatec 3-hole mounting pattern, front mounting and side mounting. Hard mounting to a cockpit is highly recommended due the high amount of torque.
- Full Fanatec SDK support ensures game compatibility out of the box for all major racing games across all platforms.
- Introducing the new Podium software for PC applications.
- Connect external devices to a network for displaying telemetry data like speed, lap times, brake temperatures, tachometers and more.
- Supports all major PC racing simulators like F1 2017, Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars 2 and rFactor 2.
- Control your Upgraded Fanatec Tuning Menu settings and presets directly from the software.
- Save game specific settings to PC software, which will be applied when the game is launched.
- Introducing new FFB tuning features like speed-sensitive dampening.
- Automotive grade Quick Release system with rubber dampener for zero flex and movement between the steering wheel and wheel base.
- Standard 3 year warranty.
- Optional extension for a 5-year warranty
- All Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheels
- All Fanatec CSL Steering Wheels
- All Fanatec Pedals
- All Fanatec Shifters
- All Fanatec Cockpits and Wheel Stands.
- PC: This wheelbase is compatible with PC in combination with all available steering wheels.
- Xbox One®: The compatibility can be upgraded with (optional) steering wheels like the ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub for Xbox One or the Steering Wheel CSL P1 for Xbox One. Without any Xbox One® licensed steering wheel attached, the wheelbase is NOT compatible to Xbox One®.
- PlayStation®: This product is not compatible with any PlayStation® console and cannot be upgraded to achieve compatibility.
- Podium Wheel Base DD2
- Kill Switch with Remote Power Button
- Torque Key
- Quick guide
- Power supply with EU & UK plugs
- USB cable
Fanatec Sim Racing Hardware
Endor, with its Headquarters in Landshut / Bavaria, was founded in the year 1997 by Thomas Jackermeier, who turned his hobby into his profession. As an active player of early-stage PC-Games, he very quickly recognized the decisive role that input devices would play on performance, reality, and fun. During the 90’s, the choice, from among what was available on high-quality devices, was very limited. Thomas decided to give up his wholesale biking store, a start-up business he had used to finance his educational degree during his time at the University of Regensburg while obtaining his Masters of Business Administration. Following his studies, he bought the company AB-Union, which was changed to Endor Ltd., which would later become Endor AG.
The developed products were never marketed under the name Endor, but rather under the brand name Fanatec, providing Endor with the flexibility needed, to be able to introduce new brands into varying markets as desired. Fanatec products are developed in Germany, produced in Asia and are sold globally via the Fanatec online webshop.
Today Fanatec can count itself amongst the global market leaders in high-end sim racing equipment for consoles and PC systems. For more product info and purchases, check out the official Fanatec web page.
Official Webpage – www.fanatec.com