Let’s continue sharing a daily dose of Forza Motorsport track reveal videos. Today we take a look at Virginia International Raceway.
The Virginia International Raceway, also referred to as VIR is a racing track located in Alton, Virginia, USA. The track was originally opened in 1957, and closed again from 1974 to its reopening in March 2000.
VIR has five configurations, ranging from 1.2 miles to 4.0 miles in length. The longest configuration is the Grand Course, which is a 4.0-mile, 17-turn circuit that is considered one of the most challenging road courses in the United States. The other configurations are the North Course (2.2 miles), South Course (1.2 miles), Patriot Course (3.2 miles), and Full Course (3.6 miles).
The track has hosted a number of amateur and professional car and motorcycle racing events over the years, such as the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, the IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge, the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East, the SCCA National Championship Runoffs, the Lamborghini Super Trofeo, the Mazda MX-5 Cup, and the GT World Challenge, to name a few.
Furthermore, the track is also a popular destination for driving schools and track days.
Currently, there are 15 tracks confirmed for the new Forza Motorsport:
- Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
- Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans
- Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
- Eaglerock Speedway
- Grand Oak Raceway
- Hakone Circuit
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit
- Laguna Seca Raceway
- Maple Valley
- Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
- Nürburgring Grand Prix Track
- Road America
- Silverstone Circuit
- Suzuka Circuit
- Virginia International Raceway
Key track features:
- Dynamic weather system – The weather in Forza Motorsport will be fully dynamic, and it will change in real-time. This will affect the track conditions, making it more challenging to race in wet or snowy weather.
- Rubbering in – As cars race around the track, they will deposit rubber on the track surface. This will make the track grippier, but it will also make it more difficult to overtake.
- Track temperature – The track temperature will also affect the grip of the cars. In colder weather, the track will be grippier, while in hotter weather, the track will be more slippery.
- Living crowds – The crowds at the tracks will be fully animated and will react to the race in real-time. They will cheer for their favorite drivers and boo the ones they don’t like.
- Multiple layouts – Many of the tracks in Forza Motorsport will have multiple layouts. This will give players more variety and challenge.
Forza Motorsport will include a mix of over 500 classic and modern cars and 20 real-world, and fictional tracks to race them on. The game features a new career mode called Builders Cup, where players can build their own team and compete against other teams in a variety of events. There will also be a multiplayer mode that supports up to 20 players.
The new Forza Motorsport title features a new dynamic weather system that changes the track conditions in real-time, as well as a new damage system that shows realistic wear and tear on cars. The physics engine has also been overhauled, and the game is said to be the most realistic game in the series to date.
The Forza Motorsport racing game is scheduled to be released on October 10, 2023, for the PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. However, you can Pre-order the Forza Motorsport Premium Edition or the Forza Motorsport Premium Add-Ons Bundle to play five days early on October 5th.
Official Webpage – www.forzamotorsport.net